Chapter 2

"To the left a bit! No, a little more! That's it, now lower it down!" Fawn called.

The four dragons who were holding ropes connected to a platform of wood descended. The platform rested on the almost repaired roof of the stables.

"Fawn!"

The girl looked round to see Emerald flying towards her, Hope on the reptile's back. The dragon landed and walked forward so Hope was next to the Gray Jedi.

"It's finally coming together" the young girl said.

"Yeah, honestly, I thought this would've taken longer" Fawn replied.

"So did I" Hope agreed then looked at Fawn.

"When did you last send a transmission to the rebellion?"

Fawn sighed, eyes losing their sparkle.

"A while ago. I've been so caught up with Kabera's repairs I haven't been able to send a message."

Hope gave Fawn a sympathetic look. She knew Fawn was missing her brother. The days after the rebels left, the Gray Jedi wasn't in the greatest mood. Now six months had passed, and Fawn was back to normal. Sort of.
While she was definitely better, inside, she was still aching for her other family. Hope knew it. She'd seen Fawn as a mother figure and always knew what she was feeling. It was part of their bond. She placed a hand on Fawn's shoulder and gave it a squeeze.

"It's okay Fawn, I know you're doing your best to keep up with everything."

Fawn placed her own hand over Hope's.

"Thanks Hope" she said meaningfully.

"I know we haven't done Jedi training in a while, I'm sorry about that."

"Again, you're keeping up with everything else. It's okay. Besides, I've had Logan teaching​ me."

"Really? Remind me to thank the lad."

Logan Krieger was a nineteen year old, Force sensitive Togruta who'd lived on Kabera ever since he was five. Fawn had found him as the lone survivor of his village that the Empire had burned to the ground. At first, Logan was very nervous of the dragons, but after bonding with a Spiral Tail dragon called Chaser, he grew used to them. He'd been quite clingy to Fawn over the first few days of living on Kabera. But the Gray Jedi could sympathize. Over the years, Logan grew more independent and rather too rebellious for Fawn's liking. When she said this to Hurricane then dragon only laughed.

"He probably picked it up from you" he had said.

Fawn was fond and a little protective of Logan. She honestly sometimes considered him her son. He was an orange tanned boy with blue and white head tails. Logan was rather tall for his age and used two yellow lightsabers as his weapons. Ben trained him for a while until Hope came along. He changed Padawans and Fawn helped Logan perfect his skills. He was powerful with the Force, yet his kindness was what surprised people. He always jumped in to help anyone who was in trouble or danger. It was those attributes that Fawn appreciated about Logan.

"Fawn? Fawn?"

"Huh? What?" Fawn asked in surprise.

Her mind had drifted and saw Hurricane was looking at her.

"Yes Hurricane?"

"You went quiet."

"I'm fine, just thinking" Fawn assured him.

Hurricane glanced at Hope who looked at the dragon sadly. This happened to Fawn often. She'd go silent and think without realising what was going on around her. Hurricane had a feeling it would get his rider killed one day.