iii

CHAPTER 19: Fights Left and Right

Raphael opened his eyes and hissed at the light, he sat up and a burning sensation overwhelmed him he laid back down and whimpered. And it wasn't the good kind, He turned away from the light and closed his eyes once more, trying to go back to sleep. He doesn't care how long he slept, he just wants to go back and never wake up. He hissed in pain as he tried to find a comfortable spot. As he closed his eyes the door opened but he still kept them closed. The warmth engulfed the room and Raphael wanted to hate but he can't. Yeah he definitely regrets it now.

"Raphael." Jackson pleaded, his voice sounded desperate but Raphael turned around trying to ignore the pain. He just didn't want to see his so called mate.

"Raphael look at me. Please." The Alpha begged stepping closer to the bed and Raphael huffed. Guess he can't avoid him forever. Then his mind trailed to the conversation with his sister. The warning. He remembered.

The Forseer sat up and immediately regretted it. He cried out from the pain, Jackson flinched from his cry and came closer but Raphael help up his hand. He settled back into the mountain of pillows, which he was guessing was from Anya and Jia.

"Why should I?" He spat, the Alpha looked taken aback. Raphael just wanted to throw a pillow at his sculpted face.

"Look what you did to me Jackson!" Raphael snapped, the Alpha gulped trying to stop the sob crawling up throat.

"I didn't- I-"

"Don't try Jackson. You have made your decision, I guess I shouldn't have put my hopes up." Raphael murmured, playing with one of the blankets edge.

Raphael felt the strings of their bond tear one by one, his mark that he was given burned on his neck.

"I know what you did Jackson." Raphael said lowly, Jackson stumbled forward and fell at the edge of the bed. His wolf, Tyrell, howled in pain.

"Raphael. Please. Please, by all the gods, I didn't mean to. Please, you have to believe me." Jackson begged, grabbing the sheets and crushed them.

Raphael wanted to go to him and console him but at the moment he felt nothing. The hard truth slapped him in the face. Now it's Jackson's turn.

"It's too late." Raphael whispered, he lightly held onto the Alpha's hand as the older was shaking.

"She bears a child." He said, and Jackson froze, his silver eyes meeting the advisors gold ones.

"no."

"Yes." Raphael gulped down his screams as he clenched the others hand. Why does Fate have to be so cruel?

"But Raphael she did something-"

"It doesn't matter anymore." His broken whisper was barely audible.

"She carries your seed in her and she will give birth while we get slaughtered. Fate has showed me that much." He continued, Jackson started to shake.

"Raphael-"

"There's another celebration tonight Jackson. I will be there and see for myself." Raphael said, shaking the others hand off.