Raphael Angelo

CHAPTER 5: Rumors are just Rumors After All...

I sat there silently watch the new member talk to other pack members. She fits right in, of course she does. She is a Survivor and I am not. Just a Forseer. That what people only think of me, someone who can see the future, nothing more.

No matter what my title is, it could be King and people would still whisper about me. Good and bad ways, I hear them even the faintest of whispers. I hear them and think about them. The most frequent is Jackson rejecting me. Dread coursed through my body at the thought.

I wouldn't be surprised, I had helped him build his empire as he desired. But I am no Survivor, nor will I ever be. I tried to leave twice already, but Jackson had begged me not to leave the first time, the second is the cause of our separation. I looked at my plate in distaste.

All of these thoughts made me lose my appetite, and Jackson's steel eyes burning into my head isn't helping.

"You have heard that to? I heard that he had to seduce his way to be where he is."

"The Alpha probably took pity for him."

"He's so pretty."

"When do you think he'll give us another telling?"

"I heard he has multiple. But the Alpha won't let him speak about it."

"I'm so jealous. He spends most of the time with the got Alpha. I want to be the Alpha's Luna."

"I heard he wants to kill the Alpha and will take over soon."

"Who wouldn't want to fuck that ass? I'm not even gay but I would if I had the chance. I can imagine him-"

I couldn't take it anymore. The last comment I heard made me want to throw up. I got up which brought some pack members attention. I excused myself quietly and left to my room. Thoughts spiraled through my head as I went towards my room.

The hallway to my room was lit dimly to give more of a sleepy vibe. Just as I was about five feet from my room I had a searing ache in my head.

No. I thought, not now. I started to feel dizzy as images filled my head.

"You can't! Jackson please!" I screamed as he walked about from my grasp.

"Can you help me?" Kana asked the Beta, Enzo. He nodded absently and threw her a stick to use as a weapon.

"Raphael, there's something wrong. I know it is. Kana found out, but I wanted to tell you myself." Anya explained, fiddling with her sleeve.

"What is it?" I asked worriedly.

"I am-"

I groaned as I open my eyes, I was still standing up, but leaning against the wall. I opened my door and was consumed in darkness.

I flipped a switch and the fireplace immediately became induced in flames. I looked into the flames intensely.

"Somethings going to happen. Something bad." I whispered to myself, running a hand through my dark hair.

After a while of trying to discern the images I saw a knock filled my ears.

"Come in." I said, still writing down what I saw onto a piece of paper.

The door opened and I immediately started to feel the heat overflow the room. And it wasnt from the fireplace. I groaned internally already knowing who it is. I turned around from the couch to see Jackson.

"Jackson. What brings you here? The celebration is still-"

"I know." His statement brought chills down my spine.

His once warm silver eyes are now always cold. That's why I never liked observing his eyes anymore.

"You know what?" I asked, I set the paper down lightly onto the couch, my eyebrows furrowed.

"The rumors going around the pack. The ones about you." He exclaimed, I sighed.

Oh.

"Jackson-" I tried.

"No, do not say my name like that Raphael. Do not protect the wolves who started this fire. I heard the comments tonight, I saw you leave. I was told of some of the rumors aswell." He explained, I looked down to see the words I wrote.

"It doesn't matter. Rumors will spread. It's what happens." I said trying to brush it off.

"Not when people will start believe them and start attacking you." He said walking closer to me.

I gulped, feeling my thoughts go wild.

"You are not only the second most powerful in this pack or my Advisor. You are also my friend, the first I had in years. And I will make sure you are safe." He said sternly, I nodded looking into the fire trying to avoid his eyes.

"Jackson you cannot protect something that was already thrown to the wolves." I said, looking at his surprised figure.

"I knew what I was getting into when I decided to help you create this pack and I do not regret it. Nor do I regret what you did to me." His eyes widened showing the gleaming silver.

"Do not act like it happened. It happened, it was only that one time and I will not let that affect me as your Advisor. A war is coming Jackson. And I do not care if I am in danger or not. Sooner or later we all will be." I explained, standing up to look at him fully.

I could he was uncomfortable for what he did. But the past is the past. As a Forseer it is my job to look into the future.

"Think of that Jackson, I need to figure what to do about Miss Valentine." I explained, he nodded, he raised his dark hand to reach out to me but stopped and put his hand down.

"Of course." He nodded stiffly, walking out of the room.

Another headache came but harder than before. I cried out silently, falling into the floor clutching my head.

"Their name?" Jackson demanded, the informant gulped.

"Nathan Dime, Aubry Dot, and Anderson Lee. The one that made the comment at dinner tonight was-"

I breathed heavily, taking in my surroundings. What was that?

--------------

The next day four wolves were slaughtered. And I know who it was, everyone did.

It was Jackson.