Tied Up At The Moment

For the next hour, I was hallucinating random colors. Whatever Tirek and Sombra put in those tranquilizers clearly put Garrett and I on an acid trip. I could have sworn I was on a different TV show. Wait why am I thinking of TV shows all of a sudden? See what I mean? These hallucinations are messing with my narration! Soon, our little acid trip ended, and we found ourselves in the janitor's room, tied up in chairs together. "Garrett, are you awake?" I asked. Garrett looked around and asked, "Where are we Raphael?"

"We're in the janitor's room, " I said, "and I doubt there's a secret passageway like in Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade." Garrett struggled in the ropes. "Who's Indiana Jones?" he asked. "He's like Daring Do," I said, "he was in a situation where he and his father were tied up in a library, and it caught fire, and they escaped through a secret passageway."  

"Well I hope the janitor's room doesn't catch fire," said Garrett, "we're trapped!" He still struggled. "Well this isn't rock bottom," I said. "Yeah I guess that would be an exaggeration," said Garrett, "especially when we've had our own versions of rock bottom." I sighed and agreed. "This is my fault," said Garrett, "if I didn't lose my temper, we wouldn't be in this mess!"

"Don't say that Garrett," I said, "where I'm from, we have this saying known as, to err is to be human. I know it's all wrong. By rights, we shouldn't even be here. But we are. You ever read great stories? The ones that really mattered?  The ones full of darkness and danger? And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with me, and can stay with you. They'll mean something." I could see Garrett smiling and he said, "You're right Raph!" 

"Honestly, I felt like Samwise Gamgee," I said, smirking. "Being that you're a ninja, you got any ways to escape?" asked Garrett. "I know one," I said. I pulled off my sneakers because my ankles were tied together, and then pulled the rope and my socks off. I then breathed in, and used my brute strength to rip open the ropes, untying Garrett and I. I helped Garrett untie the ropes on his ankles, he got up. We went to the door, and noticed it was locked. Garrett found a pair of keys and said, "These might be useful." I then used the key to unlock the door, opening it. "Let's go!" I said, and we ran out to rescue Sunset, Princess Twilight, and The Rainbooms.