Brotherly Bond

While Sunset was with the girls, I decided to take Garrett out on the town. I told Garrett my life's story, while he told me his. I felt sorry for Garrett because he got imprisoned at such a young age. And that Storm King that imprisoned him sure does put the dick in dictator. I hope he gets turned to stone and gets smashed to bits. "Alright, I get what happened to Capper, but what happened to Billy and Red?" I asked.

"Well, Red lived up to his promise of destroying that infernal prison," said Garrett, "he and Billy flew out of there. They were wanted fugitives by the Storm King, but they came to Celestia for help. This was a week after your visit. She granted them refuge in Canterlot, and she had them live in a house. I'm roommates with them. It's rather nice. Billy's now a reporter for the Canter Gazette, and I'm a singer." I smiled and said, "I'm glad to know your friends are doing well."

"How come you aren't affected by The Dazzlings' magic?" Garrett asked. "That's a good question..." I said, "if Donnie were here, he'd say it's because I'm alien to this dimension, and my biology is different from everyone else's biology. Therefore I am immune to dark Equestrian magic. And the fact that I was exposed to Discord's nega-magic might be a contributing factor." Garrett nodded, understanding. Now a few weeks ago, I stopped these enforcers from harassing a Jewish Italian couple that owned an Italian restaurant. These enforcers forced people to buy their insurance, which was basically an excuse to cause property damage and illegally take money. I stopped those enforcers from harassing that couple, and as a sign of gratefulness, the Jewish Italian couple allowed Sunset and I to have free food for life. They are the Sance Family. I took Garrett to the restaurant for dinner.

"Trust me Garrett, they make the best pizza in Canterlot City," I said, "and because of their religion, they use absolutely no pork products in their meats. It's delicious. Of course, being that your sister is a former unicorn, I've stopped eating meats from animals that were hoofed base out of respect for her. She'll eat dairy products, but that's about it." Garrett sat down at a table and said, "That's nice to know. I sure can't wait to try this pizza." I ordered a large cheese pizza and two root beers for us, with garlic breadsticks. We then ate our dinner.

"Remy A. Sance and his wife are extremely nice," complimented Garrett, "and their pizza's delicious. I'll be sure to recommend this place to Twilight." I smiled and said, "Told ya. It helps that you're Sunset's brother. And they're big fans of the Renaissance." Garrett grabbed another slice and said, "Speaking of Twilight and Sunset, I met Sunset's ex." I raised an eyebrow and asked, "Flash Sentry?" Garrett nodded and said, "Yeah, him. I don't think he likes me."

"What makes you say that?" I asked, "I like you. I think you're extremely nice, you're optimistic, and you're a good singer. You totally remind me of Mikey, in a good way." Garrett sipped his drink and said, "Well you know that Sunset used him just to gain popularity. It's kind of a fact I wish I could live without knowing. And because I'm a Shimmer, Sentry does not like me obviously. And even if he wasn't under the siren's spell, I think he's probably going to hate me." He seemed insecure. "Why would he hate you?" I asked. Regardless of which timeline, I always liked Garrett. He was one of the few people that never saw me as a freak. "Because I have a crush on Princess Twilight," confessed Garrett, "heck, it's more than a crush... I am straight up in love with her. If Flash found that out, he'd be extremely jealous and he'd probably hate me because of that." I felt bad for him.

"Hey, don't think of that," I said, "you're a good guy. Besides, I doubt Twilight likes Flash. Before we left, Sunset made Twilight promise to take care of you, because she believes Twilight is the right mare that will keep you safe. If I can protect your sister and a love can blossom between us, then I'm sure a romance between you and Twilight is totally possible. And take it from a mutant turtle, for a stallion, you got good taste in mares." Garrett smiled and said, "Thanks Raph. That means a lot to me. I wish I had a big brother like you. Do you have any advice on how to ask a mare, err, I mean, a girl out? I want to tell Twilight I love her after she and her friends defeat the Dazzlings." I looked at my root beer and said, "just tell her why you love her, and be sure to compliment her, and I think the rest will work out for itself. Just be honest and be yourself Garrett. That's all I have to say." Garrett smiled and said, "Well, let's drink to the good luck of Twilight, Sunset, and the Rainbooms." We then clinked our glasses together, finishing our drinks. I hope everything's going well for Twilight.