Saving Sunset In Time

I was going through a portal, and it's like I was seeing events backwards. A few minutes later, I landed on the ground. I was in the dimension Celestia and Twilight were talking about. I had to find Sunset fast. I knew there wasn't enough time. I run to the old abandoned block of flats where Sunset's going to be at. I have to save her. I won't fail Celestia. I was able to get there. By the time I got there, my heart was racing like a quarterback on homecoming. I then climbed to the top of the flat, as if I was Spider-Man. I made it. Sunset was right there. I noticed she was hesitating to jump. I knew it was now or never.

 "Sunset, don't do it!" I shouted, the helmet lowering my voice. She turned around, gasping. Sunset looked at me in surprise. She had long fiery hair, and had cyan eyes like Garrett's. She was wearing a black leather jacket, an aqua green shirt, an orange skirt, and black boots. I could see a family resemblance. She had tear tracks coming down her eyes and cheeks. "Stay back!" Sunset warned, "Don't move or I'll jump, I swear!" I slowly raised my hands in a non hostile manner and said, "I believe you... Can we talk at least?" 

 "What's there to talk about?" Sunset asked, "everyone hates me, and I'm a monster. I'd be doing the whole world a favor if I just killed myself! Why would someone like you care?" I was doing my best to keep cool. "We can talk about anything," I reasoned, "just... don't jump."

"Why not?" She nearly choked as she said it but stayed completely still. "I know what it's like," I said, "to feel hated and alone, to feel that death is the only solution. But you can't do that..." Sunset didn't react and looked down from the ledge she was standing on, I could tell she was still feeling the urge to jump. "I understand there are people that think you're a monster," I said, "but they don't know you. There are people who care. Like me." I walked towards her a little, offering my hand. "Stay away from me!" Sunset screamed at me, and she took a ragged step forward, her voice breaking and tears falling violently. "Wait!" I shouted, "would it help if I took off the helmet?" She looked at me, already slightly hyperventilating. Sunset didn't say anything and glanced at the ledge. She was that close. "Just calm down," I said, "it's going to be okay... I'm going to take off my helmet... Don't freak out..." Sunset's tears didn't stop coming and she was frozen in place. Her hands were shaking and she felt cold. Her eyes darted from my face to my hands to the ledge and back. I then took off my helmet, revealing my face. As you can already tell, I was still wearing my red bandana, having no idea how Sunset would react, I smiled sheepishly. "Hi," I said, "I'm Raphael."

Now Sunset's eyes filled with fear. Her breathing got shorter and faster. Her tears blinded her and she stepped back. She was starting to feel light-headed and dizzy. She let out a slight wheeze, not strong enough to scream before she crumpled onto the roof, almost falling off the ledge. Her eyes closed. I squeaked an eek, and grabbed her at the last second, and I was able to stop her from falling. We landed on the floor. I'm no stranger to people fainting whenever they saw my appearance. The first time my brothers and I met April, she fainted. I scowled and muttered, "real smooth, Raphael..." Still, Sunset looked strangely peaceful, despite her face being red and damp. Everything was still quick but otherwise she had stopped shaking. I looked at her sadly. She is beautiful though. I carried her away. I'm sure off to a great start.

Special thanks to THEYWERE12NOT16 for helping with the dialogue, specifically Sunset's.