𝐋 │65

Third Person

Not everything was perfect, especially not when it came to relationships. Which was what both Zach and Alex were reminded of the day before they left for Asia - the day of the beach day.

Alex had stayed the night at the Herron family's apartment, waking up a little earlier then she normally would so she could make Reese her 'special' pancakes. They were really just strawberry pancakes, which were literally pink with sprinkles mixed into them. Then, Alex would make rainbow cream, which was just whipped cream dyed into different colors of the pastel rainbow and then put strawberries over them.

It was the only thing Alex could make from scratch. And she didn't do them often - as they were literally loaded with sugar. So with Myta and Josh's approval, Alex made Reese, and Ryan and Zach these pancakes.

Although, half way through eating her pancakes, Alex got a phone call which made her literally jump up and run off into Zach's room, where she could answer in peace.

Basically, the call was from Kayla, the woman who Alex had her interview with in New York and basically hired her to be a model. A model had been made to drop out of a casting. A casting is where you go and have a visual interview with a client/casting director. This one in particular was a casting for a shoot with the magazine Seventeen.

Kayla explained that Alex was in LA, where the casting was and that she wanted Alex to replace the model. After that she told Alex the address where it was, and the time. And without even thinking about it, Alex agreed.

As she hung up, Zach walked into the room, smiling when he saw her so excited. "What was all that about?" he asked.

"Well Kayla - you know Kayla, the girl who got me my job - well she just called and I have my first casting today!" Alex smiled, only to see Zach frown.

"Today? When you're supposed to coming to the beach with everyone?" Zach said.

"I can still come, I just have to leave at 1 so I can get there on time." Alex replied, "Why is that a issue?"

"Because you're supposed to be spending time with everyone, I know for a fact Isla, Svea, Ava, Esther and especially Anna and Syd were so excited to meet you." Zach sat down on a chair.

"But I'm still going to meet them, and after I've been to the casting I can come back." Alex was now upset, slightly angry about how Zach was reacting to this. "I still don't see what the big issue is, I'm literally going to a casting - my first casting for 2 hours and I have all the time before and after that to spend with everyone. You're supposed to be happy for me Zach."

"Alex I am but-" Zach started, realizing his mistake and trying to fix it, but Alex was too angry now.

"Save it Zach." She said, her voice raised as she grabbed her already-packed backpack from besides his bedroom door. "Tell everyone I'm sorry and that when Isla comes round with Svea to come round to walk to the beach with us give them the rest of the pancakes. I'll be at the beach after the casting."

And with that, Alex walked out of Zach's room, slamming door and as Zach sighed, resting his head in his hands, he heard the front door slam as Alex left.

~

The casting went well, and after they said that they would call if her if she got the job, Alex left and drove back to the hotel, being extremely careful with Mia's rental car.

Just because she had a fight with Zach she wouldn't ruin the day for everyone else. And so, with plans to ignore Zach when she got there, Alex changed out of the plain black casting outfit and walked the way to the beach.

Upon arriving, Alex was bombarded with hugs from all the younger girls, Svea and Isla introducing themselves. Then, Alex introduced herself to the older girls, all of them being super nice.

She had been careful to figure out where Zach was - he was messing around with Jack near the ocean - so that she could carefully avoid all eye contact with him.

Alex hated being mad at people, especially Zach. But being the extremely stubborn girl she was, she wasn't just going to forgive him.

"Hey Alex can I talk to you?" Zach asked, walking over to the group of girls. The older girls glanced at each other, before starting to back away - Ryan having told them what happened.

"No you guys stay." Alex said, looking at the girls, then at Zach. "Zach, I'm obviously busy, talking to the people that you said it was so important for me to talk to, so important that I should just skip my casting. So, please let me do that. We can talk another day."

And with that, Alex sighed and turned away, angry with both herself and Zach. It hurt to have to ignore him and do whatever else she had to not do, but what Zach thought that caused the argument in the first place - although Alex knew that he only said it because he wanted spend time with her - hurt as well.

And so, Alex would keep the act up until tomorrow, when they landed in Thailand and the Asia part of the Invitation tour started.

~

a/n
i prefer not to
but i had to make a lil drama
not too serious
and big plans is a bOp