𝐄 │55

Third Person

Zach, being Alex's boyfriend, spent the most time with her on this holiday, which is when he realized that Alex seemed.. sad. And this was unusual. Anyone who had spent any amount of time with Alex would know that she's usually a very happy person.

And so Zach was doing everything to make her happy again. Make her food, listen to 1D - literally anything to make her happy again. And he realized this the night before - after he had texted Xavier.

Which could only mean that he was the cause of Alex's sadness. So the following morning, before they had to get up to go the the beach, Zach wanted to talk to her.

He woke up before her, which was unusual seeing as he normally slept for quite a bit longer. It seemed to be affecting her that much that she even looked sad when she slept - a small frown on her face.

Checking the time, Zach realized they needed to get up pretty soon, and so he decided that he would have to wake Alex up. And so he did, placing kisses all over her face until she started to wake up.

"Zach?" She asked, squinting in the bright light of the sun streaming into the room. Zach pulled away to look at but she shook her head. "No.. no come back." 

Zach smiled and moved back to where he was before, and as Alex moved so that she was laid on her back, he laid his head on her stomach, leaving tiny kisses on the bare skin between her shorts and tank top.

"What's up?" Alex asked, her voice still groggy. Zach looked at her, sighing.

"You were all sad last night and when you were sleeping you looked sad." Zach replied, and Alex frowned again, fiddling with the ends of Zach's hair. 

"It's just the thing with Xavier.. he really hurt me when we broke up and I haven't thought of it.. well pretty much since we met and I forgot how sad it made me and how much it did really hurt." Alex told him, and carefully avoided his gaze.

Zach had to hide a smile. It obviously didn't make him happy that she was upset and that her dick of a ex was a cheater. But what did make him happy was how she said that ever since they had known each other, he had helped her forget it and even make her happy again.

"Babe." Zach said. "Hey baby look at me."

Alex sighed and looked down at him, her hazel eyes meeting Zach's chocolate-y brown ones.  She tilted her head slightly to the side, as if to say 'what'.

"You shouldn't have to feel pain because of what he did to you. You are beautiful. You have Mia and Luna and the girls and me and the guys. You don't need him. You deserve to be happy, and keeping thinking about that won't help that. I understand that he hurt you and that is not ok with me, but you need to be happy, ok?" Zach said.

Alex could feel tears welling in her eyes and she tried to swallow back that annoying lump that came whenever you were trying not to cry. She wiped her eyes and nodded, leaning into his hug, and letting most of her worries wash away, reminded of the fact she had such a amazing boyfriend and friends. 

~

a/n
damn Xavier trying to break zalex
up when really he bringing them
closer