You think your in trouble?

Chapter 11

Maia's point of view

I went to the candle light service and didn't see Amber. She must have been at home not caring about anything. How lazy can a person get?

I came home not too long ago. Luke had to go get mom again. Her car still wasn't fixed. I had no idea what to do. I was so bored. I decided to text Amber, see what she did.

What you been up to?

I waited a couple of minutes thinking she wasn't going to reply.

Oh nothing. Just hanging. out wau?

I looked at the message still trying to figure out what it exactly said. It was weird for me not to understand her texts. She loved to spell out her words.

Am? What's up? You okay?

She sent me a little but of a more understanding text. Though I'm not to sure about the meaning.

Just fine as wine. Nothing more Mai a.

I sighed, forget texting her. They made no sense and were stressing me out. My summer was turning out to be boring. I still have nothing to do. I was tired, so I decided to get in bed.

I cut off the tv and all the lights. I went into my room and totally forgot about the mess in my closet. I turned on my over head light. My bed was striped of all the covers. I went to my closet and tried to ignore the blood stain sheets in the bottom. I got some clean ones out and effortlessly put them on my bed. Finally shutting the door to the closet, not throwing up. I cut the light off and crawled into bed. The house was quiet, everything was somewhat peaceful.

I sat there nearly asleep. Then hearing the creak of the front door opening. Must be mom and Luke home. I didn't hear them talking, no lights were turned on. I sat straight up in my bed, my heartbeat racing. I couldn't see anything in the dark. I stayed quiet, until I couldn't stand it. "Mom? Luke?" I didn't hear anyone, only the sound of footsteps. There was no laughter, no mischievous noises, no blood, no lights on or flickering.

The footsteps got lighter and sounded closer. I was thinking I'm going to die tonight. Quietly getting out of my bed I wished it wasn't old. I stood up and grabbed my lamp. Waiting for my unspeakable fate beyond my doorway. It would have been good for light, not much a weapon what was I thinking?

I stepped till I was close to the doorway. Still staring into the dark. I turned around slightly to my left. Someone grabbed the collar to my shirt. Choking me for a second to me into a head lock. I dropped the lamp, trying to reach it, failing to even move. I didn't have fingernails but I grasped the invisible arm around my neck as hard as I could. There was a knife at my throat. "I'd advise you, to not struggle or I'll be glad to slit your throat open." It was a females voice. One that I could recognize anywhere.

"You know I always have expected you to be the one holding the knife. Looks like I was right Jen." I could feel the pressure of her hold on the knife.

"Please, anyone would be glad to kill you. I'm just the lucky one who gets to do it." I struggled to even try to get lose. Even if I did she was stronger than I was. I had to think of something to say. Nothing that would trigger her to move that knife.

"I'm sure your child you suffocated would love to kill you. Anyone to do that to there own kid just because she was to young to take care of it. It's kinda sick minded." I felt her hand shake. I could barley even breath. I felt this gave me a chance to run away. I elbowed her in the stomach, hearing a grunt for me to not even make it three inches. I tripped on my bed post, I started searching for my lamp. Jen grabbed my wrist and held them in one hand with the odd butcher knife in the other. She lifted it up as I freed my tiny wrists and held the knife as she tried to plunge it in my chest. It was a fight for my life and yet I could keep the thing from my face. It felt the tip of the blade press into my cheek. Creating a small slash.

I got enough energy to get it away from me and try to stab Jen. The force knocked her over. I ran to the living room slamming myself into a wall. I winced as I held my head. Finding the door and getting to the door knob. I looked behind me, not seeing her. I felt someone jerk my shirt throwing me on the floor. I stood up so I couldn't be restrained. I then felt my foot hit something. I kicked as hard as I could into whatever was there. I then opened the front door running as fast as I could to a place that I thought was safe. Though, Amber's house, probably wasn't that great of an idea. I was still looking behind me. I didn't see Jen and kept going until I was on Amber's porch.

I opened her door and she was on the couch texting on her phone and watching tv. She looked at me and then went back to her phone. Did she not see the look on my face? What about my cheek? Did she just not care?

"Hello, do you not see me here?" She looked at me and laughed. I was perplexed, why was she being so dumb. She was blonde but she made good grades all the time.

"You got something red on your face. And you should close the door, it's kinda cold outside." I polity shut the door and sat on the chair and waited for her to put down her phone.

"What is wrong with you today? You weren't like this, this morning." She glanced over at me and shrugged her shoulders. She stood up and stumbled holding on to the table. "Bad idea" she quietly said. I looked at the floor at the empty bottle of rum. I got up and grabbed it.

"How much did you drink? Show me." She pointed at the middle of the bottle, close enough to the top. "You drunk a whole bottle of alcohol! What were you thinking?"

She laughed. "Guess the candle light service got to me. Not to mention the serial killer in my house. Also the crazy ghost." I sighed she had her reasons. Though this wasn't the time to be drunk. Amber was useless if Jen came back. She was barley even seeing I was standing here. I had no where to go.

"Amber listen, Jen was at my house. Did you get that?" She looked at the ceiling and then at the floor. She looked at the door and back to me.

"There was a hen in your house? Why was there a hen in your house? That's funny." She laughed while I stood up and walked into the kitchen. I never knew Amber's parents had so much liquor. Amber was in trouble, yet I was the one about to be killed. I saw the cabinet and saw at least fifteen bottles. The needed to buy an Amber proof lock.

I went back in the living room and she was passed out on the couch. I walked up to her room and locked her door. I didn't care about my face, it was something that could wait.

Her room was small and girly. She always hated her walls, they were white. She wanted color but her parents said she couldn't paint it. So she hung up a thousand posters on one side of her wall. Making it colorful, just like she wanted. She had everything she could want and if she didn't she made it reasonably suitable for herself. That was something I didn't have enough energy to deal with. Ignoring all the stuff in there, I laid in her bed and tried to go to sleep. Hoping no ghost would haunt me and no killer would come and kill me. That's what stereotypes do. Like me I'm a girl, I should care about different things than why my friend was drunk and why I couldn't even stay at my house. Guess I'm not very good at being a stereotype.