...because this isn't fun

Chapter 23

Maia's Point of View

Standing surrounded seemed like the less likely thing I expected to do today. Now it's happening and it doesn't even feel real. I was wishing now that I hadn't gone on this trip so then Amber could have just stayed home like she wanted. Her parents wouldn't take her somewhere she wouldn't want to go, they just had me to throw in her face.

All of the sudden the lights turned on blinding me. When the dots left my vision I saw Amber's parents standing there. "What are you two doing in here?" Her mom questioned. I tried to look less terrified and took a couple steps away.

"Just came to get some water and I accidentally dropped it and Maia came to see if I was okay. You startled us." Her mom looked at us for a long time until she gave it up. I started to walk back up following Amber. I watched her push her suitcase off the bed sending her clothes all over the floor.

"Calm down, Amber once we get back home we can figure all of this out. Right now we should just try to enjoy our vacation." Her face was red from anger, though tears streaked her face.

"I can't put up this stupid stuff anymore, okay. I'm finished." She said closing the bathroom door and locking it. I felt like she was ignoring my every word. I was just telling her to forget about it and move on with life and deal with it later but like she always is, she has to deal with it all right now. She wonders why she can't sleep, she thinks too much because she crams it all in her head.

I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed and turned on the televising. I started searching through channels giving up on most of them due to the signal. Every one had lines running through them like analog. I put the remote down and left myself in silence. Hearing nearly everything including the conversation of Amber's parents downstairs. I heard a loud thud from the bathroom.

I stood up and knocked on the door. "Amber?" I whispered. Getting anxious I yelled this time, "Amber!" I heard nothing, not a word or sound from the other side of the door. I grabbed a bobby pin out of my pocket and picked the lock. Walking in I stared at the tub where Amber was. A couple of things stood out. The fact that her clothes were on, no one takes a bath with there clothes on. Another would be that she wasn't breathing. My first thought was I have no idea how to do CPR.

I ran out not really sure why. I was in shock, what do do? What should I do? I should tell her parents, that would be the right thing to do. What if she's just unconscious or something, she could be dead. I walked back in expecting to see the same thing, only she wasn't there. I stood there confused as hell to where she would go. Was I loosing it or something?

I turned to go back out when I backed up. Seeing Amber stand in the doorway her clothes wet her hair dripping on the floor. She wasn't looking at me, she kept looking at the bathtub. I looked seeing her like she was when I came in here the first time. Only the Amber standing at the door was still there. Was she dead?

I stared at the Amber at the doorway. The door flew closed while the lights went off. I felt the wall for a light switch, turning them back on making everything dim. I looked down seeing blood stained foot prints. "What the hell?" I mumbled to myself. Following the trail I saw Amber wasn't in the bathtub but standing in front of me. Her expression blank she just stared at me, the silence was unbearable.

I reached out my arm inches from touching her hand. In a quick instance she grabbed my wrist tightly. t felt like she was crushing my bones together, she was never this strong before. I finally dropped to my knees trying not to cry. She finally let go, I rubbed it seeing it was bruised. Something grabbed my hair and forced me in the water. I clawed at the hand trying to rise up to get air. I could feel myself fading while I stared at the reflection at the bottom of a smiling Emily. The question still remained of how she even got here.