My secret holding soul

Chapter 20

Amber's point of view

I sat holding the plain sheet of notebook paper with numbers one through five. Our plan for destruction. "What we got now?" Maia asked. I read the words in my head. When did we ever turn into killers.

"Number one, Wait for her to come home. Number two, make her tell us why she killed those people." I paused taking a breath before saying the rest. "Number three shoot her close range. Number four tell police we were in my room and heard the gun shot and came out seeing she was dead. Lastly if anything goes wrong tell her we know where she buried that family in the yard and she can go to jail."

"Let's get this thing started." I told her earlier my dad had three guns that weren't registered yet. Another thing he was in the process doing before he left. She went into my parents room while I went into the bathroom looking for latex gloves. Finding two pair I knew we could never be more careful with our fingerprints.. I walked into their room handing Maia some gloves. "Thanks."

I ignored the feeling in my stomach telling me I was going to screw up my entire life if this didn't go as planned. Police open up cold cases all the time, anything could go wrong. We do live in a small town, they wouldn't care too much about her even if we could throw her out if she died.. No one else would die and signs would point to Jen. Maybe we could pull it off, being teenage murders.

I distracted myself going to the basement looking through some of my dad's tool boxes. I finally found heavy gloves. One for the both of us, I hope their beneficial. All I had to say was that she was staying in my parents room and took his gun. They shouldn't be too baffled with all these little details.

When I walked back upstairs I saw Maia had two pistols in her hand with the gloves on thankfully. "One for me and one for you." I had a plan to get Jen's fingertips around the trigger. It was a matter of life and death.

"Think she will grab the gun?" Maia smiled.

"Why wouldn't she." We literally had it staged out to the point that if anything could happen it would be fine. We had a backup plan for possibly anything. I cut off all the lights and left the blinds in the living room open just a little bit so I could see headlights. It also gave off a little light to see by.

Maia sat in the chair while I sat next to the couch. Waiting for the life of Jen Miller to end in the floor of my house. I could feel adrenaline running trough me, like I was rescuing ourselves from the break of death. We were saving ourselves from Jen, out of all people in this world.

We saw headlight come and shut off fast. She more than likely thought I wasn't here. I heard the lock on the door click. Then the over head light came on, she couldn't see me yet, just Maia. "Look miss bitch is home." I was trying not to laugh at Maia. She made something so serious seem funny.

"What are you doing here?" I heard Maia stand up do to the squeaking of the chair.

"Isn't it obvious I know what you've been up too. You do know killing people you do go to jail for murder correct?"

She scuffed "Of course I know that. What do you plan to do about it?" I heard the click of a gun.

"Your life just got shortened to today, care to explain why you should live." I heard Jen start laughing. She didn't think we were serious.

"You kill me with that. No need to break it to you Maia but your no killer." I heard a motion of movement. Jen had the gun on Maia. I had to wait for my signal to move so she didn't die. "Now care to tell me why you should live Maia?"

"Yes, because Amber needs me that's about it." I jumped up from my hiding place holding the gun in front of me. Aiming towards Jen who was surprised to see me. Though she should have thought I was somewhere.