Excuses excuses

Chapter 6

         I decided to start in the basement and look through some stuff. I looked back in the jewelry box. The same stuff, nothing unusual. It was my grandmothers, and my grandmother had nothing to do with this. I could call my aunt, but she would freak out and call my dad and tell him I needed to be in a mental hospital. I had to think, think like a ghost would. If I was dead, and I wanted to haunt someone, where would I leave hints? The grave yard I was buried or in the persons house.

         Guess I'd just have to wait it out. There was no way I could figure any of this out. I needed answers first. I walked up the stairs in frustration. I wished I could be normal, not try to figure out why a ghost was here. I closed the basement door, only to hear a knock at the front door. I knew it wasn't Jen, she was still gone. I heard thunder rumble making the house shake, it was going to rain.

         I opened the door and saw a green eyed boy. It was Brandon, I was starting to get irritated. I slightly huffed and held on to the door, ready to close it. It was starting to drizzle rain. I saw he had a dark purple bruise on his face. "What happened to you? Did you run into an angry old man on your way here?"

         "No, I didn't. Maia did this." He pointed to his jaw. Most have broken up with her for that to happen.

         "Well, I would has done that too." He grimaced.

         "Geez, thanks." He keep looking in my house like I should let him in. I really didn't want to.

         "You can come in, instead of looking at the inside of my house like its paradise." I step out of the door way. He walked in and stood in the front of my hallway. He was looking at the ground fidgeting. "What is wrong with you?" I wasn't very nice sounding, oh well.

         "You know, you have a change in heart. Not even two hours ago you were nice and polite. Now you’re just like I don't like you, get out. Do you care about anyone's feelings?" He said I had a change of heart.

         "I didn't have a change of heart. Anyone to come knocking on my door after they broke up with my best friend just to ask me out, makes me sick. So, no I don't care about your feelings at the moment." I was getting pissed off. He needs to leave before I yell at him.

         "Alright I got it. I just wanted to talk to you. Apparently you don't want to talk to me." He went to the door. I heard it start pouring rain.

         "Wait, you can stay. Only until it stops raining. I wouldn't want to be heartless." I had a sassy tone at the end. He implied I was heartless.

         "Thanks." he sat on my couch not really comfortable. I still felt kind of bad, maybe I was just guessing what he came here for.

         I sat down beside him and sighed. "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be mean to you. I just..."

         "You’re tired of seeing me. I know, I'm not exactly the nicest person either." I looked over at him. He was looking at me. He was nice he was doubting himself.

         "You’re nice Brandon. Don't doubt yourself. Just because Mia didn't see it, doesn't mean other people don't." He smiled.

         "Not like I will find anyone. Mind as well run away to Ohio. At least I can be new and everybody will like the change and be interested. That's all people care about, what's new." If he did move everyone would like him and he'd have ten girls ask him out that day. If I moved I would have no one like me and think I'm weird. Not like they don't think that already.