Candle light service

Chapter 10

Maia begged me to stay at her house tonight. Saying that I was going to either die because of Jen or this ghost. I told her I was fine, I haven't died yet. She said okay and I think she tried to run to her house. I couldn't sleep at night I was paranoid about everything. Jen came in not to long after Maia decided to leave. She simply acted normal and sat in the chair not even looking at me. "So, how was your day?" I was being nice, though I shouldn't.

"It was fine, had fun with some of my friends. What about you?" I was wondering if she wasn't killing people on her own. Maybe she had help with all this.

"My day was good. I didn't do really anything." She shook her head and waved. She then shut the door to my parents bedroom.

I decided to sleep in the living room. It had a tv and a light. Turns out I slept for eight hours, it was my new record. I woke up from a nightmare where Jen killed me in my sleep then I was stuck in internal life with Emily. What a messed up nightmare.

It was ten in the morning. Jen left a note and said she'd be back soon she had some things to finish from yesterday. I thought, yeah so you can go kill more people. Just hoped i wasn't on that list.

I decided to take a quick shower and eat a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. I then started reading a weird romance book. I stopped after page five, I hated romance books. You could only dream about it. Why not try to live it? I got another book an action book, it was perfect. I hadn't noticed it was two in the afternoon. I haven't called Maia at all.

I laid it off for another thirty minutes. Maia started knocking on the door. I should have called, she's probably mad for walking over here. I opened the door and Maia looked a little grim.

She walked in and sat down. "I think we need to talk."

"Okay." I said waiting for her to continue. Something defiantly was on her mind and she was having a hard time saying it.

"There's going be a candle light service for Brandon tonight. The three people in your yard are gonna have one tomorrow. I think we should go." She looked at the floor and said it was a such a sad tone it was unbearable.

"No." I knew my answer even if she pleaded. It was always gonna be no. Always.

"Please Amber, it would be respectful." She looked off the floor right at me. It wasn't going to work.

"They just tell you that. Forget it I'm not going." I was irritated. Memories flashed in my head.

"But.. They did it for Mich-"

I interrupted loudly. "I'm not going! So forget it and come back later!" Maia got up and reached the door.

"If you change your mind come." She shut the door and I could hear her stomp away. No way in hell was I going to it. Too many memories.

It was two years ago I was thirteen. I was old enough to know when someone died but seeing a lifeless person was something way different. My older brother Michael was the best. No brother in the world could replace him. He was one of a kind. He was seventeen. He and Luke were friends. The two year age difference didn't count. He went over there a lot and one night he never made it back. A car ran into his lane head on and he didn't have on his seat belt. The impact killed him instantly.

My parents had a candle light service at the high school. A picture of him with a bunch of candles sat in the middle of the foot ball field. Some people had candles and others just prayed. It was too much for me, to sad. So, I ran through a bunch of people and sat in the car and cried until it was over. I hated the thought of death but people have to die someday. I just really wished he was here.