What you dont know..

Chapter 3 

Maia's point of view

        I walked down the side walk, still slinging whip cream off my face. Everyone hates me and I still don't know why. I don't like Jen and she apparently doesn't like me either. Before I know it Amber will hate me as well.

        I finally got to my house and opened the door and went to the bathroom to get this stuff off my face. I can't believe Amber, she didn't even move. She just let this stuff happen. Someone banged on the bathroom door. "Maia, hurry up!" I heard Luke scream from the other side.   

        "Just a second." I threw some paper towels in the trash. I opened the door and Luke looked at me once and made a weird face. "What happened to you?"        

        I shoved him out of my way. "It's nothing!" He walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I needed to get rid of Jen, she was bad news. She knows too much about me, it irritates me. I need to find out more about her, it would make me feel better. She could tell Amber anything she knows. It would ruin our friendship forever.

        Amber is the kind of person who loves to hear things, but if she heard the wrong thing, she'll never let it go. She has a vivid imagination. Which leads to this stupid ghost deal, what is she five? Jen was probably in the basement and secretly sneaked out the garage. Amber was so naïve. I should never go back to her house. She doesn't need me that much anyway. I was thinking way too much.

        I went into my room with all the pictures and softball trophies. All from a great little childhood. Then I just wrecked myself. I brought Amber into this, it wasn't her fault. I was a hyper- talkative teenager. Now I’m a bitch to everyone.        

        I'm dating Amber's crush. Jen knows this, Amber doesn't. Amber had a crush on Brandon since fourth grade. I still think she does. She would die if she knew I’m dating him, especially if I didn't tell her. That’s something she doesn’t need to know.

        Amber probably has something she hasn't told me, so it's not that big of a deal anyway. Just like the time I stole her ring and got seventy five bucks for it. I take her to the mall and buy her things. At least I give back for my mistakes.

        That still didn’t mean I regret everything I hid from her. It kills me every day to just talk to her. She tells me I'm her best friend and that we will be until we die. If we even last that long. I think Amber will be fine without me. I'm a bad influence anyway. I switched her Coke with a cup of Vodka one day, she was drunk an hour later. Her mom never found out and thought she was sick. She didn't go to school the next day. She missed one of her Exams, I should be glad she got to make it up.

        Amber loves to learn and she wants to grow up and be a Physician’s assistant. She always gets good grades. I get low B's and C's. I cheated off of her on our Math sol last year. She didn't even notice. She got a 545 and I got a 476 better than I would have ever got.

        I want to be a lawyer, I would enjoy yelling at a judge or the other defendant. Sounds like a good job to get justice for people. I would never make it through college, I can barely make it through high school. If I even make it to eleventh grade, I will be surprised.

        I needed something to do, something to get my mind off things. I had nothing to do, that's a bad thing. I sighed thinking, summer gives me nothing to do.  Going into the kitchen I almost ran into the wall. I felt dizzy. "Hey, you okay?" Luke looked at me worried.

        "I'm... Fine." When was the last time I ate? I didn't eat yesterday, I was too mad. I didn't eat anything today, I was thinking too much. Food sounds pretty good

         "Here sit down. I'll fix you a sandwich." Luke sit me in a kitchen chair and started to fix me a BLT. He handed me the sandwich and sat down watching me eat. "I think I can eat my sandwich." I said giving him a hint to leave.

         "Well, fine. No thank you provided. I'm leaving I'll be back before dark. Mom said she's working overtime. So, she will be home close to dad." He walked out the kitchen door. My mom wouldn't be home to fix dinner. She'd be home at two at night. Or she would have spent the night with her friend. I should have asked. I defiantly wasn't calling her to find out.

        I needed to talk to Amber. We needed to get to Jen and tell her she needed to fess up. I was so tired of hearing that name. After I finished my sandwich I threw the paper plate away. I sat on the couch and listened to the humming of the air conditioner. I closed my eyes I needed a nap.        

        A book off the shelve had fallen, I jumped. It landed open, I picked it up. There was a note in it. It was written nicely, what it said was weird. "Maybe you should trust a little more. Your secrets aren't safe with me and you don't even know me." I dropped it and yelled "Jen, I don't know who you think you are, but this isn't funny. Now I get to throw you out of my house. How would you like tha-"        

        I was walking around the whole time. I stopped in my room. There was a stranger in my house. She looked lost, I was beginning to get weary. It wasn't Jen, she looked a few years older than me. "Hey, are you okay. Do you need something?" She didn't reply, she looked at me. Her eyes were like tunnels. I heard a whisper.

        Your secrets aren't safe with me...

        I looked at the girl, she smiled. She wrote this note. "I don't know what sick game you’re playing. But quit and get out of my house." I couldn't breathe after I talked. My air flow was cut off. The girl tilted her head and laughed. It was more like a low growl. All of the sudden my feet left the ground and I face planted my wall. I caught my breath, gasping for air.

        "Learn to listen... because your friend was right. There is a ghost and now you’re going to regret everything you ever said. I know everything about you, and you can't stop me." Then she was gone and I was on my floor. Still trying to process what just happened. I was visited by a girl, who was dead. She said she knew everything about me. I couldn't stop her, from what?

        My head was hurting, I stood up I grabbed my dresser. I was about to fall, I wobbled towards the living room. I saw the couch in my vision. I grabbed it, missing. I remember hitting the floor when everything around me turned black.