0.45

Mark walked into the Paradise Rehab building. 

"Hello sir, how can I help you?" The receptionist greeted cheerfully. 

"I'm here to pick up Alexandra Tuan." Mark smiled. 

"Oh, she'll be right out! She's packing a few last things. Please wait over there in the waiting room." 

Mark plopped himself into a seat, his eyes wandered around the pastel blue building. Various posters and infographics littered the walls, two water fountains were across from the bathroom door, and the receptionist desk fell in the middle of the mid-sized room. A sigh escaped his lips, it had been months since he seen his mother as the rehab has a strict visitors policy. To say that he was nervous was an understatement.

"Mark!" 

He turned towards the source of the voice and unconsciously ran to it. 

"Sir can you wait-" the receptionist began to speak but there was no point as Mark was already down the hall, hugging his mother with all he had. 

"I missed you so much." Mark sniffled. 

"I'll never leave this long again." His mother promised, hugging her son even tighter, "I missed you too." 

Mark, with great hesitation, let go of mother and grabbed her bags. They left together. Mark quickly threw her bags into the trunk and began to drive home.

"Tell me everything that's happened these past months." His mother smiled. 

"That's a lot, are you sure?" Mark laughed nervously. 

"Of course I'm sure. It's a long car ride." His mother smirked, "Unless it's something you don't want to tell me. I'm guessing you and Jinyoung have been busy." 

"MOM!" Mark yelled. 

"Aish, keep your voice down I was joking." His mother smiled and rolled her eyes. 

"I'll tell you everything okay?" Mark sighed, "Everything."

~~~

"So you're dating not one but two guys? That's my handsome Mark. You're so cute you got two men to fall for you, that takes power. My son is powerful, amazing, handsome." 

"Is that the only thing you got from this entire conversation?" Mark grumbled but still wore a small smile on his face.  

His mother laughed, "Maybe, maybe not...CanImeetJackson?" 

"Okay I didn't understand the last part of what you said but I'm guessing you asked to meet Jackson?" 

Alexandra nodded, "Mhm can I?" 

"I guess? I mean...he's my-"

"Teacher, yeah but you're eighteen and most importantly I trust your judgment. I'm not the one dating him." His mother remarked. 

Mark nodded and smiled, "Okay."

Mark parked his car in the driveway. He got out of the car and opened the car door for his mother before getting the bags out of the trunk. 

"Give me a bag." His mother said, ripping one of the bags out of her son's hands. 

"I had it," Mark rolled his eyes a bit. 

"I wouldn't want you to break in half." She joked, rushing to the door and opening it.

Mark rolled his eyes but smiled, he rushed inside after her. He missed this side of his mom a lot. 

"Invite Jinyoung and Jackson over for dinner! I'm going to unpack then start cooking." She grabbed her bag from Mark and made her way upstairs. 

"Okay. I'll be back home by dinner." Mark said before walking out.