0.19

"Mark shouldn't you at least check on your parents?" Jinyoung yelled his suggestion from the kitchen. 

"They're fine. I don't know why you're worried." Mark rolled off the couch and dragged himself to the kitchen. 

Jinyoung turned to face Mark who lazily plopped in a stool at the bar, "You've been here since Monday, how do you know?" 

"Its my 7th sense." Mark smiled and tapped on his head. 

"What's your 6th one?" Jinyoung asked. 

"The gaydar." Mark laughed.

Jinyoung scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Take my car and at least check on your mother." 

Mark frowned, "But Jackson is coming to get us soon." 

"Jackson is coming to get us at 8 pm, Mark its 1pm, almost 2." Jinyoung sighed, "School's not even out yet." 

"But I wanna stay here with you." Mark pouted, "Come with me please."

"If your dad is home and I come with you, I don't think it will end very well." Jinyoung reasoned to the older boy.

"You're right, sadly." Mark got up and stretched, "Your car keys are by the door?" 

"Yes, you do have your license with you, correct?" Jinyoung inquired.

"I do, don't worry. I don't leave home without it." Mark smiled, "Be back in a bit." 

"Mhm, see you." Jinyoung waved Mark off. 

Mark quickly grabbed Jinyoung's keys and made his way to Jinyoung's car, he started the car and drove off. Mark turned on the radio and let whatever station just play, he didn't focus on the lyrics or who was singing. Instead he focused on taking the familiar route home and his mother most importantly. Jinyoung was right, how does he know she's alright? How does he know she's doing fine? How does he know she hasn't relapsed? Mark sighed, disappointed in himself. He turned into his neighbourhood and drove until he saw his house. He parked on the street but the driveway was empty, his father wasn't home. 

'I didn't feel like dealing with him anyway'  Mark thought as he knocked on the door, "Ma, it's me!" 

No response. 

Mark knocked again, "Mom its Mark!" 

...Again nothing. 

Mark sighed and looked under the house plant for the spare key, he use it to unlock the door then put it back. Once inside the house he headed for the kitchen first, nothing but empty bottles of many different alcoholic beverages greeted him. The house was eerily silent, all that could be heard was Mark's frantic footsteps up the stairs. 

"Mom!" Mark yelled as he opened the door to her room. His mom sat there in a haze, a half drunken bottle of something sat in her hands and more bottled littered the floor and her bed. Mark ran to his mother's side and called her once more, "Mama, it's me. Mom? Mom, please respond you're scaring me." He checked her pulse, It was weak and barely there. His eyes widen and he held back sobs as he dialed the familiar three numbers.

"Hello this is ___, what's your emergency?" 

___

Jinyoung opened the door and was greeted to Jaebum and Youngjae, he invited the two in. 

"Here's the last of the work." Jaebum sat it on the coffee table then took a seat on the couch, Youngjae did the same. 

"Thanks." Jinyoung smiled and sat in the loveseat opposite to him. 

"Where's Mark?" Youngjae asked.

"He went to check on his parents, well more of his mother." Jinyoung replied.