"But that could be fun. Sneaking around."

Alicia’s POV

“Get up Alicia. We’re moving in with them today! Quick!” Mom threw a pillow at my head as her attempt for me to get up. I groaned and walked as slowly as I possibly could to my bathroom.

Today mom and I were moving in with Des and Harry. Gemma had already gone to college so it was now just us. Great.

I don’t know how I explain my current situation with Harry. After the party, and the kiss, he had been really distant and I was trying to sort my head out. I don’t have a crush on Harry or anything but his kisses are addicting. I find this whole situation a little bit awkward considering that we were soon to be step siblings. I guess Harry has already made up his mind because he has barely talked to me over the past few weeks.

I threw my hair in a messy ponytail and put on tights and an oversized singlet. Most of my clothes and stuff has already been packed and taken over to Des’ house. All that was left was the essentials like phone and its charger, hair stuff and makeup, some shoes and some clothes. I quickly shoved them all in a bag and zipped it up as I walked down to mom.

“Do you have everything?” mom asked and grabbed her keys.

“Yes.” I walked out the front door and into the car. Mom followed and locked the front door to the house. Mom decided that we wouldn’t sell the house just in case. She threw her stuff into the back seat with the rest of our stuff and hopped in the driver’s seat.

“Are you excited Leish?” mom smiled and turned towards me as we drove the small distance between our houses.

“Ecstatic.” I took my phone out from my bra and messaged Brittany telling her what I was now doing.

We soon made it to their driveway with Des already standing at the front door with a massive smile on his face. I had made up my mind that Des was a good guy but if he ever stepped out of the line, we were going to have a problem. Mom stopped the car and quickly made her way up to Des, giving him a kiss. I think that people over 30 shouldn’t kiss in public, or at all for that matter. I grabbed my stuff from the back seat and pushed through the couple and into the house.

“Alicia, your room is the guest room, opposite Harry’s.” Des called out from behind me. I nodded indicating that I had heard what he said and made it to my new room. I opened the door and noticed that all my stuff still hadn’t been unpacked and all the boxes were covering the floor. Luckily for me, school had finished so I have all the time in the world to unpack. I’m being sarcastic. Who wants to spend all their free time unpacking all their shit?

I sighed and placed the bag that was on my shoulder, on the bed. Luckily for me, this guest room had a joining bathroom. I picked up the box labelled ‘bathroom shit’ and took it into the bathroom with me.

I had just finished unpacking all my hair essentials when the door to my room opened.

“Alicia, your mom wants you.” Harry walked in.

“I’m in the bathroom.” I sat down on the toilet seat and watched him walk in.

“Your mom wants you.”

“Yeah, I heard.” I stood up from the seat and pushed passed him.

“I just need to talk to you for one minute.” He grabbed my arm and brought me back. I nodded indicting that he can continue.