"And all these little things."

Alicia’s POV

I was woken up by my own breath catching in my throat. I gasped and opened my eyes, waiting for more oxygen to fill my lungs. I heard the faint beeping of a computer to my side and watched as a red light flashed on and off. I tried breathing again but I would only get a miniscule of what I needed to be able to survive. Harry was still lying next to me so I nudged his side and watched as his eyes fluttered open before mine forcefully closed.

Harry’s POV

I knew I felt something hit me that made me wake up. I looked over at Alicia who now had her eyes closed. I rubbed my eyes and yawned just before all my senses came back to me. I could hear the beeping of a computer near Alicia. A red light began flashing and it immediately caught my attention.

“Alicia.” I whispered, stroking her hair and kissing her forehead.

No reply.

“Alicia?” I didn’t whisper this time and became nervous. Normally all I need to do is touch her face and she would be awake.

No reply.

“Alicia! Baby, come on.” I shook her gently, in hope of her waking up.

Nothing.

I pushed the button that made nurses come and got off of the bed, still trying to wake Alicia up in the process.

A nurse ran in, with a doctor following close behind her. I sat in the chair that was provided with the room and all I could do to help Alicia was watch them do whatever they were doing. I felt so hopeless.

“What? Why was this disconnected?” I heard the doctor whisper to the nurse. The nurse walked over to where the doctor was standing and picked up a wire, plugging it back into the computer.

The noise stopped and Alicia’s chest began to rise and fall again. I breathed a sigh of relief and walked over to where they were standing.

“Thank you so much.” I said and gave the doctor a handshake.

“No problem son, but may I ask why the wire was out in the first place?”

A confused frown was plastered upon my face and I shrugged, not knowing the answer.

“Sir, this cord couldn’t have just fallen out, it had to be pulled out.” The doctor shrugged his own shoulders, jotted a few things down on a notepad and walked out the room.

I sighed and walked over to Alicia. She was now breathing in a constant manner and she looked to peaceful to wake up. Sitting back down in the chair, I decided to tell everyone where I was and that everything was fine.

I heard a knock at the door and I was just about to get up to open it when I was flung open.