"I just wanted to see if you're okay now."

Alicia’s POV

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. Wait, where the fuck am I? It took me a few minutes to process everything that had happened last night. From mom and I fighting to Harry taking me home to telling Brittany everything and then finally falling asleep.

Luckily for me, it was Friday and on Friday’s we are allowed to wear casual, so there was no need for me to go back to my house to get my uniform.

“Good morning, Alicia.” Brittany strolled into her room and passed me a towel for bathroom use.

“Good morning darling.” I smirked back. I hopped up from my bed and walked to the bathroom. After using the shower, I decided that I might as well curl my hair today. I watched as the waves fell from my shoulders to above my waist. I smiled and put on make-up. I don’t like wearing a lot of make-up so it’s normally just foundation, mascara and a little bit of eyeliner.

I picked up my bag from beside Brittany’s bed and went downstairs to her.

Brittany’s the only child in her family and her parents are very work orientated, not coming home a lot, whereas my mom works as a teacher, so she’s home the same time as me. We grabbed some food and jumped into her car.

“Don’t you need to get your school bag Leish?” Brittany questioned as we drove. “Oh shit, yeah I do. Can you stop off at mine for a minute?”

We turned back around and headed for my place. Upon arriving, I noticed an unfamiliar car parked in the driveway.

“Who’s that?” Brittany asked. I shook my head and climbed out of the car. I didn’t bother knocking on the door, because I live here, but I really should have knocked.

“Where the hell have you been Alicia?” Mom shouted. “Who the fuck is that?!” I pointed towards the strange man standing next to my mother. “His name is Des.” She simply stated. “And what is he doing here?” “He came over when you ran away.” “What is he your boyfriend or something?” I snickered. “Yes.”

I gasped. “I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU MOM.” I picked up my bag, slammed the door shut as hard as I could and stormed back to Brittany’s car.

“So did you find out who that car belonged to?” Brittany continued to drive to school, but was asking me multiple questions on the way. “Well, apparently it was mom’s boyfriend.” “BOYFRIEND! Are you kidding me?” Brit exclaimed. I scowled and shook my head as he arrived at school.

I fetched my bag from the back seat and walked briskly towards the school with Brittany next to me. She didn’t talk because I think she knew I was in a bad mood. We walked in the front door and straight to our lockers. We grabbed whatever we needed for our first class, said our goodbye’s and left each other. Brit and I have only 1 lesson together and that is chemistry.

At the moment, I was walking to biology. When I made it to the classroom and walked in, I realised I must have been late. Everyone was sitting patiently waiting for the teacher. I looked for a seat but the only one I could find was next to one of Harry’s bitches, Rachel. Rachel loves Harry and would do anything for him. And I mean anything, and unfortunately for me, I get the bad end. I am the person that gets harsh words thrown at them, a couple of boob punches here and there and a hair pull or two.