'That's no fun Leish.'

Alicia's POV

"BEEP BEEP BEEP."

"Fuck off." I grumbled and threw my alarm off the stand.

"ALICIA GET OUT OF BED. YOU HAVE SCHOOL IN 20 MINUTES." Mom yelled from the kitchen. I used all the energy I could possibly have at 8 on a Monday morning to push the warm blankets off of my body. I trudged towards my bathroom and did everything I needed to do to make myself presentable for school. If it was up to me, I would go in sweats and a hoodie but no, the school committee thought uniforms would be much more formal. So now dressed in my black stockings, black skirt that ends just above my knees, white blouse, navy blue blazer and tie, I walked to the kitchen.

"Good morning sweetheart." Mom joyfully said.

"Hey." I wandered up to the fruit bowl and grabbed an apple. I looked at my phone, seeing if I had messages. Nope. Then I saw the date.

"Mom, it's the 5th today."

"I know darling, do you want to go down to the cemetery now or after school?"

"After school." I replied and walked to the front door.

A year ago today, my father passed away. Some drunk hit him when he was coming back from work. Died instantly from the impact. I remember everything so easily. Mom pacing the hallway wondering where dad was, I was in my room finishing off some homework, the phone rang and mom picked it up instantly, I heard a scream and ran downstairs, mom immediately started crying and I ran up to her, she explained that it was the hospital on the phone and that her husband and my dad had died. We cried together all night.

I wiped away the tears that had fallen remembering what had happened and continued my way towards school. I walked down the main corridor, looking at the ground, and went to my locker. I continued towards it when something blocked my way.

Looking up, I instantly knew who it was. Curly brown hair, green eyes, stupid fucking dimples, Harry Styles.

"Good morning Alicia. How are you?" he smirked.

"I'm not in the mood today Harry, why can't you just leave me alone."

"That's no fun, Leish." He brought his hand up to my cheek and started caressing it. I slapped it away and pushed passed him.

Harry and his friends were always bullying me. Calling me names and using the girls in his group to physically hurt me because they knew they would be in shit if they hurt a girl. It has been on-going since sophomore year and we are now seniors. I don't even know what I have done wrong.

"Hey Alicia."

I turned my head and let out the breath I was holding. It was just my friend. Well... it was my only friend, Brittany.

"Hey Brit, how are you?" I faked a smile. It's not like I hate her, I love her in fact. We have been friends for as long as I can remember, it's just that today isn't my day.

"I'm going well; I should be worrying about you though."

"Don't worry about me Brit, I am fine I promise, I'm just a little down, and Harry doesn't make my mood any better." I yanked the locker door open and reached for my next lesson's folder, English.

"What has Harry done?" Brittany asked and opened her locker open, which was right next to mine.

"Live."

Brittany laughed and put her maths book in her arms.

"I'll see you at lunch, yeah?"

"Yep."

Brittany waved goodbye and walked towards her lesson.

I placed my books down at the table furthest away from the front of the room. It's not like I am trying to be distant, I just hate people.

I heard books being slammed onto the desk next to me. I turned towards where the sound came from.

"Hey babe."

Are you fucking kidding me? GOD, WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE WRONG? I scoffed and turned back towards the window, staring at the scene in front of me.

Trees don't have to put up with annoying people, why couldn't have I been reincarnated as a tree, not a person that has to put up with such stupidity.

"Good morning class," A young, female teacher walked in with her blonde hair flowing down her back. I stared down at my straight, brown hair that lay just above my waist. Argh, Stupid hair. Be pretty for once. "My name is Miss Howell, and I will be teaching you English this semester!"

Wow. She is too enthusiastic.

"Our first topic is the wonderful Shakespeare. Now does anyone know anything about him?" Her eyes darted around the classroom, waiting for someone to answer.

"Romeo and Juliet!" someone shouted.

"Good, anyone else?" her eyes once again scanned the room. No one said anything. What a knowledgeable bunch we were.

"Okay, well we have a bit to learn then, but first, we will be focusing on Romeo and Juliet." She smiled and grabbed a handful of books, handing them out one by one. "Read to page 60 for homework."

I studied the front cover. 'Romeo and Juliet' probably the most famous love story ever written. Love is stupid and doesn't exist. Everything you love will get taken away from you.

-After School-

I opened the front door to our house, thanking God that the day was over. I love school, just not the people in it. I threw my bag on the ground and walked to the kitchen.

"Mom." I called. No answer. She is probably getting groceries. I poured a glass of water and checked my phone.

'One new message' from 'Brittany'.

"Hey babe, hope you're alright. We need a girls' night in soon, Saturday at mine?"

I replied with "Yeah sounds good. See you tomorrow."

I went to my room and changed out of my school uniform and into something more comfortable. I grabbed my keys and wrote mom a little note for when she gets home. I also grabbed my purse and walked to my car.

I went to the shops first and bought dads grave some new flowers and a toy Ferrari. Dad was always very passionate about cars.

When I arrived at the cemetery, I locked my car and walked towards where dad lay. I placed the flowers and car down and sat next to his headstone. Staring at nothing, I started remembering all the things dad and I had done together. He helped me ride my bike and I helped him work his computer. The awkward conversation that we had about needing more tampons because mom wasn't home. My first breakup when I was 14, I truly thought we were going to be together forever, but then dad was there and he helped me get through that. He told me that no boy was worth my tears, not even him. I didn't believe the last bit; to me, he was worth all the tears I could possibly cry.

I stayed there and talked to him for a while. I talked to him about how mum and I are going, school, even Harry. I stood up, wiped the back of my pants and walked back to my car. I unlocked the door and was just about to get in when another car pulled up behind me. I stayed for a second longer to see who it was.

I saw the back of a head and that was all I needed to get in my car and drive. Thoughts surrounded my head driving home. "What was Harry doing there?" being the main one.