"Stop being self - centered and just come with me."

Alicia's POV

A few days later, I was sitting at the table, having dinner with mom when she said something that shocked me a little bit.

"Would you like having a new father?"

The words dribbled out of her mouth like it was just another ordinary sentence. To her it may have been but to me it was like saying that you have cancer and there is no cure.

"What do you mean 'like having a new father' of course I don't want a new dad. I don't want my REAL dad to ever be replaced. Why would you even say that mom?" I think I shocked her a bit with that outburst, but she got the message.

I don't want a new dad, ever.

I picked my plate up and threw it in the sink. I shook my head a few times, and stormed to my room. I sat on my bed for a few minutes when there was a knock at my door. Before me even saying that she was allowed in, mom stormed in anyway.

"What about me Alicia. I need someone with me. Losing your dad was the toughest thing I have ever been through but it has opened my eyes to see that I need someone. We can't just live alone because of your dad's death." Mom's voice was just under yelling.

"I DON'T WANT TO REPLACE DAD. IF YOU MARRY SOMEONE I SWEAR TO GOD I AM MOVING OUT. THERE IS NO WAY I AM TRADING MY DAD FOR SOME BASTARD THAT JUST WANTS A FUCK."

"ALICIA JANE BROWN, YOU ARE GROUNDED FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS. HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT, I RAISED YOU."

"Fine." I pushed her out my room and slammed the door, making sure it was locked.

I grabbed a bag, threw a few clothes, purse, phone and its charger in it and opened my window. I haven't run away for about 6 years, but I suppose I never had to, until now. It's like she gave me a reason too. I knew exactly where I was going.

Walking up the familiar road to the cemetery, I started to pay attention to the sounds. Wind rustling the tops of the trees, little creatures running through the grass, cars passing by on the highway and the occasional 'hoot' of an owl. I found myself slowing down my walking pace. I was somewhat enjoying the serenity that this night was bringing. I paced to dad's grave and sat down in my usual spot. I expressed my feelings about mom's outburst to the inanimate object but I knew somewhere out there, someone was listening. And boy was I right.

The tears dropped from my eyes and landed on the grass before me. I sniffed my nose, and wiped my eyes on my jumper.

"Hey, are you alright?"

I didn't bother turning around or making any effort to reply to the stranger.

"No seriously, are you okay?"

"Like it matters." I replied, bringing my knees to my chest.

"I think it does if you're crying at a cemetery at 9 on a Thursday night." The mysterious voice chuckled and by the sound of crunching grass, I assume they were coming closer.

I stood up quickly and grabbed my bag, ready to make a run for it.

"I'm not going to hurt you."

I turned around to finally put a face to the shadowy voice.

"Harry?" I couldn't make out the facial features but no one could ever get those curls mixed up.

"Yeah, who are you and how do you know me?" he sounded cautious now, the tables have turned.

"It doesn't matter, just go home please." I started to walk away when a firm hand grasped my arm.

I turned around, now only centimetres away from his face.

"Alicia Brown, what brings you out here at this time of night? It's a bit past your bedtime isn't it?" He sneered.

"Fuck off Harry."

"Oh Leishy babe, you are not happy."

"WOULD YOU BE FUCKING HAPPY IF YOUR MOTHER WANTED TO REPLACE YOUR DEAD FUCKING FATHER?" I shouted right in his face, and then unintentionally started to cry. I ripped my arm from his grip and sunk to the ground, tears flooding my face.

Harry sat down next to me with his arms crossed over his knees. He didn't talk or make any move to touch me. He just stared into the distance. I stopped crying, brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. Not a word was spoken for a few minutes, both of us were just thinking.

"Do you need a ride home?" he asked, not taking his eyes away from whatever he was looking at straight ahead of him.

"No, I'm not going home." I stated.

"Well you can't live on the street."

"Why not?"

"You'll get hurt."

"Oh and like you care."

"Stop being self-centered and just come with me." He stood up and put his hand up for me to take. I cautiously grasped it and stood up, dusting my pants in the process. I picked up my bag and followed Harry to his car.

"Where do I take you then?" He asked while he opened the driver's door.

"Brittany's." I dialled Brit's number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hey Leish, what's up?" Brittany announced into the phone.

"Hey Brit, can I spend the night?"

"Ah, sure but how are you getting here? We live like 20 minutes away from each other and it's like 9."

"Harry's bringing me."

"You have a lot of explaining to do when you get here." She laughed and hung up.

The rest of the car trip was silent except the radio, blaring the latest hits. Ed Sheeran's 'Lego House' started to play. Harry hummed along and then said, "I love Ed Sheeran."

"Me too." I replied and looked back out the window. The song finished and Chris Brown's 'Wet the Bed' started to play. I chuckled to myself and listened to the lyrics.

"I just wanna take your legs and wrap 'em round,

Girl, you're comin' right now,

My head to your chest feelin' your heartbeat girl,

Swimmin' all in your sea

And you sweatin' all over me,

Bendin' forward, don't you run girl."

I turned towards Harry, only to find that he was already looking at me. He laughed, shook his head and looked away. I turned my head back towards the window. That was enough awkward moments for me tonight.

"Ah, we're here." Harry announced and slowed the car.

"Um, thanks I guess." I opened the door and was just about to shut it when Harry yelled, "wait."

I opened the door again.

"Um," he scratched the back of his head, "can we like, not talk about this, uh, again?"

"Whatever Harry." I shook my head in disgust and slammed the door again. Why can't he just accept the fact that you are allowed to be nice to people without ruining your damn reputation. It's not like I was going to parade it around the school or anything.

I walked up to Brittany's door and was just about to knock when it flung open.

"You tell me absolutely everything right now."

I laughed and followed her to her room.

"Well, it started when mom and I got into a fight about having a new dad..."

---------------------------------

So I forgot to write a part at the end of the last chapter, sorry!

Comment what you think of it so far! VOTE/FAN MOTHER FUCKER!

Love love

P.S. Anyone else see the video clip for ALAYLM by Justin Bieber? Holy fuck he's beautiful!