scene 18

"N-Not possible," Seokjin breathed upon hearing the results.

He stared at the doctor in disbelief. He can't be ill. He refused to. He knew there was something wrong, but he knows he isn't suffering.

"It is the results, Seokjin-ssi." the doctor said, lips pursed.

Seokjin breathed heavily, eyes shaking. "I-I'm not ill! You might've miscalculated some things, or whatever!"

The doctor shook the refusal. "It is stated here Seokjin-ssi. I can't be wrong, unless you were lying the entire time?"

"I-I didn't lie!" he stubbornly retorted. "But I'm sure I'm not ill! I can't be!"

"But you are,"

Seokjin froze. He looked pleadingly at the doctor's eyes to see if their was any hint of joke on what he was saying.

"I'm sorry, Seokjin."

He was shaking. He can't be. He had embraced the thoughts already, why did it come to this? Was it because he did embrace the thoughts?

"I'll be scheduling you for weekly sessions with me. I'm not a therapist but I went through that field. I know what I'm doing, nothing to worry about. Will once a week sound good?" The doctor eyed the younger who stared at the table in between them.

"Seokjin?" The doctor called. Seokjin turned towards the older, his face going pale. "Will it be alright?"

Seokjin shook his head. "I-I can't."

"I'm well aware of your situation, Seokjin. But you need this. After hearing those words from you, you are needed to." The other sighed, leaning forward towards his patient.

Seokjin let out a shaky sigh. "W-What was it again?"

The doctor looked down at his paper. "Clinical Depression and Generalized Anxiety Disorder."

Seokjin bit his lip. His tears were restrained. He can't cry. It will mean he's accepting the fact that he is mentally ill.

"So, will you take the sessions?"

Seokjin did what he was supposed to do. He did what he knew was right.

"I'm sorry but I can't."