No Guts, No Glory

Chapter Twenty-Four
-No Guts, No Glory-

I was up early the next morning. I needed to find Taylor before he headed to the gym. I hadn't really been able to sleep thinking about Milly and if anyone knew what the story was with her, it would be Taylor.

It was beyond early, the sun was hardly peaking from behind the buildings yet as I walked across the quad from my accomodation block to the boys one. I rugged up with a scarf to hide the hideous bruise on my neck that I was still annoyed at Jake about. I knew the boys met about six thirty so I had to get in and out of the building within twenty minutes and then back in to grab the wig from the room. This whole hiding life secrets from the guy I was dating was becoming quite the pain in the ass. I climbed the stairs that led to the front entrance of the building. I knocked on Taylors door after climbing the internal stairs to the second level and was greeted with a shirtless Taylor, rubbing his sleepy looking face.

"What?" He groaned, oh-so-sociably.

"Who is Milly?" I asked straight up and his hand stilled on his face.

"Who?" he demanded with a scowl as he let his hand drop from his face to his side.

"I'm assuming she may be an ex-girlfriend of Jakes?" I guessed with what evidence I had.

"Ah," His face formed a scowl again. "Milly Davis, hate that bitch," He mumbled to himself as turned on his heel and walked towards his bed again, leaving the door open. I stepped into the room, guessing I had then just been invited in.

"So, i'm guessing you know her then?" I asked and he snorted at me.

"Know her? Skank gave me crabs," He stated and I felt my eyes buldge as I looked at him search through a pile of his clothes with his back to me.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, suddenly feeling it was way too early in the morning to be dealing with Taylor and his man whore-ish shinanegans.

"Yeah," He laughed humorlessly. "That's what I thought, but its a story thats better told when it isn't six in the morning."

"Well then, when would be a good time? I'm kind of curious about her," I told him.

"How do you know about her?" He asked me, glancing at me over his shoulder curiously.

"She rang him upset last night when we were together," I told him and he rolled his eyes.

"Of course she did, always been a cock block for Jake," He mumbled the end of the sentence to himself.

"Oh, you so have to tell me about her after you just said that," I demanded.

"They were best friends, total romance novel cliche girl next door thing," he sighed, "She led him on and he fell hook, line and sinker and she completely fucked herself over because Jake saw through it all evantually and gave her up. Pretty sure she is the reason he came here. Wanted to get her out of his way," He told me.

"...and how does you getting crabs from her works its way into this situation?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I'll tell you later," He told me. "Is that all you wanted? I need to meet up with Jake soon."

"I know," I told him, "I sort of need to hide out in your room for a little bit after you leave. I left my wig in the room yesterday and need to get it back when Jake goes to the gym."

"Yeah!" He laughed, "I saw you run past me yesterday, you looked a mess," He grinned at me.

"Don't remind me, it was insane," I rolled my eyes. "My double life as Jakes date and roommate is all coming to its great climax."