The End

Chapter Thirty-Eight
-The End-

I shook my head, trying to hold it in. Taylor grabbed my face when I wouldn't look at him and shoved his face in mine. "What's the matter?" He asked, his brow creased with concern.

"Milly Davis," I stated and his face dropped to recognition and slight anger.

"She's back?" He asked and I nodded. He pulled me into a hug immediately and I was surprised by the action... and comforted. "I'm sorry, Luce," He sighed as I brought my arms up to hug him back. "I really hoped he was getting over her." We stood there hugging, his cheek resting on the top of my head.

"Didn't take you long did it, Taylor?" I heard from behind us and I turned to see Jake standing there. He had changed and had running shoes on and a sour look on his face. He was already going after her. I wasn't even a notch on his bedpost, just some girl against a wall. I was a distraction until she came back around looking for him. Jesus H. Christ, I was pathetic. I leant my head against Taylor's chest and closed my eyes against the tears I was fighting off.

"Someone has to be there for her, you obviously don't give two shits," Taylor replied coolly.

"What a coincidence that you just so happen to be around, huh?" Jake asked, bitterly.

"Just fuck off, alright? Go see that slag and let her lead you down the same path right back to where you were left last time she cared more about how many guys she could get behind your back than she did you," Taylor told him, running his hand down my hair in comfort as I shuddered slightly as the sobbing threatened to come.

"She was good enough for you, as I recall," Jake glared at him. He wasn't even fighting over me. It was Milly. Milly this and Milly that, All about fucking Milly.

"Only for the night, girls worth having don't put out on the first night. They certainly don't put out for whoevers asking when they have someone back home either. Maybe that's something you should remember next time you find her in a night club men's toilet on her knees and you're not the one standing in front of her with your pants around your ankles. Because you will Jake," Taylor warned him.

"Enjoy my sloppy seconds, hope I taste good," Jake smirked and I actually gasped, that's how much he cared more about her than me? Wow. I turned my head to glare at him and he wouldn't look at me. Coward. Taylor's arms tightened around me, more to stop him from lashing out at him than me, I think.

"I'd ask you how I taste, but with so many that went through Milly on that holiday, any traces of me would be long gone by the time she got back to you," Taylor retorted quickly and a distinct growl came from the back of Jakes throat.

"Oh my god, both of you stop," I said quietly and they both looked at me. "Jake, just leave. What I do with Taylor from now on is none of your business. Least if I was hooking up with him from now on, it wouldn't be behind your back and it's not like you'd care anyway," I gave him the coldest look I could and was satisfied when he flinched at my words.

"I do ca-"Jake started.

"Yeah, but I don't anymore. Leave," I growled and cut him off. "I hope you got two of whatever you felt like Taylor, because you're sharing now." I told him as I pulled him towards his room, ignoring Jake as I passed him. He was chewing the inside of his cheek, glaring at us.

"Thanks for asking," Taylor joked, giving one last death look to Jake before coming with me.

As we got into his room, Taylor put the food down and gave me a real hug.

"I'm sorry he's such a massive dickhole, Luce," He whispered in my ear and I finally let the tears fall at full speed.

"Me too," I choked. We stood there for a moment as Taylor held me and then I pushed him out of the embrace and swiped at his now wet shirt, smiling at him apologetically.