Trust No One That Uses Unusual Paperclips.

Chapter Twenty-One
-Trust No One That Uses Unusual Paperclips-

"Come back to my room," Jake murmured, holding my face in my hands. I couldn't catch my breath before he kissed me again as we stood against the wall outside my accommodation block.
"Uh, what about your roommate?" I asked, biting my lip. I knew the answer, but he didn't.
"Doesn't matter," Jake smiled wickedly, "Or do you plan on making a move on me?" He asked and I laughed.
"I just don't want to be rude. In the same way my room isn't just mine, your room isn't just yours," I rolled my eyes and his devilish grin made my heart skip a beat.
"He won't mind, I'm sure," Jake murmured, looking back down at my lips with his gorgeous green eyes. "Don't want those precious lips getting sick out in the cold air, tonight." I grinned despite myself and grabbed his shirts collar and pulled him towards me.
"I'll show you who's healthy," I growled and he chuckled deep in his throat as he kissed me back. His lips nudged mine carefully until I parted my lips and encouraged the deepening of the kiss. He tasted like the dessert we shared and his spicy cologne was incredible. I should be ashamed that I was pressed up against a wall outside for anyone to see, but then I reminded myself that I wouldn't be busted by nosy country folk with nothing better to do than tell my parents I had been kissing boys in public. I sighed as Jake moved from my lips, over my chin and down my neck. Gentle biting was melting into a puddle of lust and I had to actually push him off me, before I let him lift my dress and add public exposure to my growing list of public indecency for tonight. "C'mon," I croaked, "We need to get out of here." I laced my hand in his and we walked quickly up to my real room so I could get changed and drop off and pick up some things.

I opened the door to find Kathy and Taylor on the bed. I bit back a groan and then a laugh as Taylor grabbed a glimpse of me coming through the door and jumped up from Kathy's bed and onto mine. His arms rested behind his head and he looked like the picture of innocent resting.
"Hey guys," I greeted, rolling my eyes at Taylor as Kathy smirked from behind her laptop.
"Oh hey, how was the date?" Taylor asked with a sarcastic smirk. Whether the smirk was in reply to my eye roll, or to add some insinuation into his question, I'm not sure. Probably both.
"Good," Jake replied from behind me. I was sure he was secretly surveying the scene and judging. Jake's drunk side had proved just how observant he really is. "What are you guys up to tonight?" He asked.
"I was waiting for Luce actually," Taylor answered. "I need some school work help."
"I'm trying to get some work done," Kathy replied moodily, "This idiot wouldn't leave till you got here." She glanced up at me, but I knew her better. She was loving Taylor being here, no matter how surly she acted.
"Oh, and what do you want help with?" I asked Taylor, expecting him to be unable to produce any props.
"This," He sighed as he stood up and grabbed a book off Kathy's bedside table. I looked it over and looked back to him. His eyes full of genuine hope that I could help him.
"I've been having trouble with it too," I told him, shrugging. "We'll both have to stay behind and ask Grant when we finish class tomorrow."
"Urgh," Taylor groaned at me with a pout a toddler would be proud of. "Aren't you meant to be a nerd like her?" He asked throwing his thumb over his shoulder to point at Kathy.
"Speak for yourself, dork," She shot back at him as I went to my cupboard and swapped my heels for flats and grabbed a more comfortable jacket.
"Hey Kathy," I stated slowly.
"Mmm?" She replied.
"What is Lockie doing tonight?" I asked, looking over my shoulder at her. She gave me a half smirk and shrugged.
"Think he was at the library tonight, why's that?" She asked, ever so sweetly.
"Going to hang out at Jake's place for a bit, just wondering if we were going to have company," I told her and she remained smirking at me. The glint in her eyes told me I was going to have to spill everything that happens to her tomorrow.
"Oh god," Taylor gasped from my bed.
"What now, loser?" I asked as he stared at me.
"Rule forty four," He grimaced at me, "Unless you have a lucrative endorsement deal, only wear one brand at a time. Look at your shoes, bag and jumper." I looked down at my Nike's on my feet, the Quiksilver hoodie I had just put on and my fake Chanel bag.
"Oh no," Jake laughed. "Is he unloading his stupid rules on you too?" he demanded and I shrugged. "Have you heard the rule-sentence one, yet?" He asked, looking highly amused. I looked over at Taylor who rolled his eyes.
"Rule twenty-eight," He sighed, "All rules shouldn't be any longer than a sentence."
"Now the bobble head one..." Jake encouraged.
"Rule twenty, you haven't made it until you have a bobble head of yourself," Taylor looked highly annoyed that Jake was making him admit the lesser quality rules.
"...And the paper clips one..." Jake folded his arms and looked up at the roof looking completely exasperated.
"Rule fifteen, trust no one that uses unusual paper clips..." Taylor sighed.
"I would love to have a bobble head of myself and I completely encourage the use of unusual paper clips," Kathy piped up, "Look at this one! It looks like a strawberry!" She grinned as she held up a baby pink piece of wire that was shaped into the outline of a strawberry.
"Actually," Jake eyed Kathy carefully, "I suddenly understand that last one now..." He murmured and she rolled her eyes at him.
"Get out of here, already. All of you!" She demanded and the boys started laughing.
"Be back later," I told her and she shooed me out of the room with her hands.

As we walked down the hall, towards the exit Taylor stopped suddenly. He frantically pat down his pockets before looking up at us.
"Shit, forgot my phone. I'm going to have to go back," He told us, already back peddling. I rolled my eyes at the lame excuse, but looked at Jake who studied his friend before turning to look at me, curiosity in his green eyes.
"What?" I asked, trying to smile at him naturally.
"Nothing," He replied quickly, shaking his head. I tried to stop myself from chewing my lip as we started walking again. He so knew that Taylor and Kathy were fooling around and I had a sneaking suspicion that he thought I knew about it too. I couldn't wait for this week to be over to give up the whole charade.

It completely shocked me when Taylor caught up to us at the exit of the building. Puffing from the exertion to catch up.
"Got it," He stated proudly and Jake stared at him for a moment, clearly surprised as I was.
"Lucky you. Kathy was probably googling an expensive phone sex hot line to ring to blow out your phone bill," I laughed and Taylor shrugged.
"Wouldn't be the first phone cap I've annihilated over a hot line," He replied and I physically shuddered.
"Too much information," I frowned at him.
"You brought up the subject," He laughed.
"I assure you, I regret it," I replied to him.
"Want to go get some ice cream before heading back to my room," Jake asked, taking me under his arm. I was surprised by the action, but not entirely disapproving of it. He was warm and smelled great, reminding me of the kissing we were getting busy with, before going to my room.
"Sure," I smiled up at him. He looked towards Taylor and spoke;
"We have to go this way, catch you at the gym tomorrow morning?" He asked and Taylor nodded.
"Remember to stay behind in Grants class, so I remember, okay?" Taylor asked and I laughed at him.
"Would you like me to cut up your breakfast and feed it to you as well?" I asked, "I can make aeroplane noises and everything!" He grasped at his shirt dramatically.
"Oh my," He gasped, "So funny. I forgot to. Breathe." I rolled my eyes at his theatrics, but was unable to keep the smile off my face.
"And you called Kathy a dork?" I questioned him and he grinned and winked at me.
"Goodnight guys. Remember condoms, there is no space in the rooms for baby bassinets!" he called out, entirely too loudly for my liking and I glared at his retreating figure.
"He's such an ass," I sighed and looked up at Jake and he rolled his eyes.
"You're only figuring that out now?" He muttered and I shook my head.
"Known it for a while," I assured him as we started walking towards the campus' mini market.

We looked over the refrigerated chest full of creamy goodness.
"So, you know Taylor pretty well, then?" Jake asked for the second time tonight. I shook my head and shrugged.
"Not particularly. Just friendly," I assured him.
"Just seemed especially friendly, with the rules and whatever..." He trailed off as I picked up a mint chocolate ice cream.
"It's nothing," I told him smiling, "We just talk during our lectures about all sorts of things."
"Ah," He replied and chose his own treat. He paid for both of them and we started walking towards his room, I let him lead the way as I had never been to the room as Lucy. It didn't take long and as he unlocked the room a thought struck me.

Where had I thrown the wig when I had ripped it off before jumping out of the window?