It's Always Better To Apologise After, Than Ask Permission Before

Chapter Nine
-It's Always Better To Apologise After, Than Ask Permission Before-

Jake, Taylor and I sat watching Kathy with great amusement. The boy that had approached her was looking at her with wide eyes, trying to control his actions, but it was clear to see that he was horrified and looking for the closest out.
"...and I told my mum, you know whatever!" She exclaimed, loudly. "I'm still a teenager and I don't care if I'm pregnant. If I want to stay out until 3am and get completely hammered, I will! Just because I'm becoming a mother doesn't mean I shouldn't have fun, you know?" She asked before taking a sip of her drink. The guy nodded slowly, eyeing her like she was crazy. "Little Marshall turned out perfectly fine anyway. The fact that he has liver problems is in no way my fault," she shrugged defiantly.
"I have to go to the toilet," He murmured.
"Oh." She looked at him wide eyed. "You will come back won't you? I think Marshall will love you and he's been asking why he hasn't got a daddy, like all his little friends do." The guy stared at her now openly horrified, turned on his heel and walked away as fast as he could.
"Amazing," Taylor murmured with obvious awe in his voice.
"She's Lockie's girlfriend, right?" Jake asked and Taylors face dropped into a defensive scowl momentarily before I kicked him under the table and answered for him.
"Yeah, he's a great guy, huh?" I asked and Jake nodded.
"He said he was hanging out with her tonight though, where did he end up?" He asked and I shrugged.
"Kathy didn't say," I replied vaguely. "How has your first week been?" I asked changing the subject, "Everything you expected?"
"I think I'm settling in really well. Meeting a lot of new people and the classes haven't been too overwhelming," He told me, Kathy had gotten up to get a new drink and Taylor had followed her like a puppy. The guy was as obvious as a donkey in the middle of a crowd of chickens, if he steals my girlfriend, I'll kick his ass from here to China.

She's mine.
I like her.
I found her first.
I have dibs.
And I will punch him in the go-nads if he ruins us.

"That's good. So my whole running you over thing didn't scar you?" I smiled at him and I was finally able to swoon the way I had wanted to all week when he smiled his perfect smile at me.
"...Only in good ways," He replied after a moment, glancing at me amused.
"You can scar in good ways?" I asked and he nodded.
"You particularly, can scar in very good ways," He replied and I nearly fell off my chair and died right there. On the spot.

He was flirting back.

"So, uhm... Have you got a girlfriend... or wife... or you know, like arranged marriage to look forward too or something?" I asked and he looked down at his drink as he laughed. "Best to cover all the bases at once is my philosophy," I elaborated after I re-said it in my head and realised I let Taylor down by being a complete retard.
"Definately, it'll get you far, that philosophy," He assured me as I blushed. "No girlfriend. No wife and definitely no arranged marriage to look forward too," He answered my idiotic question, seriously. "I have all the hard work of finding my own girl ahead of me," He told me.
"What a pity," I murmured and he nodded his head as he creased his brow in mock disappointment.
"I know, it's a hard cross to bear."
"Maybe I could help you with it...?" I suggested and he looked at me questioningly with his grin in place firmly.
"Oh yeah? How can you help me?" he asked and I shrugged, coolly.
"Women are the best wing men," I told him and he laughed, "I know what girls are really like, so I can give you valuable insight and a wealth of knowledge."
"Oh, lucky me!" He exclaimed, amused sarcasm in his eyes and I nodded my agreement, "What about her then?" He asked pointing at a brunette girl a couple tables away. I studied her for a minute and than shook my head.
"You wouldn't like her," I told him, decisively and he frowned at me.
"How would you know?" he asked.
"She's drinking beer and there is a stain on her shirt from the nachos she just spilled on herself. You need someone a little more lady like who takes pride in her appearance in public," I told him and he rolled his eyes at me.
"Oh, of course!" he gasped, mockingly, "What about her?" He pointed to another girl, getting a drink from the bar.
"No, you wouldn't like her either," I told him, shaking my head. "She has a tramp stamp tattoo and it looks pretty fresh. You need a girl that isn't as wild," I informed him.
"Her then?" He asked pointing a cute short blonde.
"She's already spoken for," I murmured as I watched her suddenly shove her tongue down a guys throat. "...and not only by that guy. I saw her making out with a different guy, like five minutes ago. You defiantly wouldn't like her." I shook my head and he laughed.
"Fair call, actually," He agreed with me and I grinned proudly. "Her, then," He stated, pointing at another girl and I shook my head slowly again.
"No," I told him. "Nope, most definitely not."
"What's wrong with her?" he asked with a chuckle. "She's cute."
"Nup. She's blonde and short," I told him. "You're definitely a tall brunette sort of guy," I assured him and he looked me over quickly before murmuring, with a short laugh:
"What a coincidence."
"I thought so too," I assured him, looking at him with feigned wonder.
"What other things does a guy like me look for in girls?" he asked and I shrugged, lazily.
"You like out going, straight to the point girls," I told him and he smirked at me, "You also like girls that can make you laugh."
"Always good," He agreed.
"Girls that like to go out, but not get completely wild. You like girls that are about 5'11", pretty, brunette and curvy. Girls that like keeping generally fit, but doesn't eat like a rabbit. Girls that can be pretty arrogant when she knows what she wants, also a girl that knows how to get what she want. The type of girl you definitely want to ask on a date is the type of girl who's room mate buys you the next round," I finished, just as Kathy put a fresh beer down in front of him and he grinned at me, shaking his head.
"You're definitely right," He assured me, "I don't know what I've been doing without you!" He exclaimed and I nodded cockily.
"I know, but I'm here now, you don't need to worry about making wrong choices," I told him and he laughed again.
"Well I would be silly not to take your advice, so how about it?" he asked with a cheeky grin, "Would you like to go out to dinner tomorrow night?" He asked , I studied him for a moment before my smile cracked through the façade.
"I would love too," I told him.
"I wouldn't usually be this bold," He told me with his cheeky grin. "But I've been told that you're my dream girl by my wing woman," he warned me.
"Sounds like a brilliant wing woman to me..." I exclaimed and he nodded at me.

We swapped numbers just as Caitlyn got the attention of Kathy and I telling us that they were going to a pub down the road. Taylor followed Kathy like a puppy and I thumped him as we walked down the road.
"Moving in on my girl?" I demanded and he grinned at me.
"Free game, Walters. Lockie's not here to stop me."
"Lockie's so going to hear about this and will be having words with you tomorrow at the gym," I told him and his smile still didn't faultier.
"His missus isn't doing anything to stop my advances," He told me and I punched him in the arm.
"Just lay off until next weekend, please," I requested and he winked at me.
"You and Jake are getting cozy," Taylor observed.
"We're going out to dinner tomorrow night," I told him with a blush.
"Is that really a good idea?" He asked, apprehensively.
"I don't know, but I really like him," I told him.
"Rule five I guess," He murmured, "Always better to apologise after, than ask permission before..."
"Exactly and it's just one more week. It's not like I'll be lying to him forever."
"Still, I'd be thinking about what you're doing very carefully. I'd freak out if I went out on a date and then found out I'd been living with her for a week already and she was dressed as a bloke..."
"Yeah, I know. It's just dinner though." I shrugged as we approached the new pub. "One step at a time."
"Well, he may be over there talking to another girl but it's you he keeps looking over at," he told me and I looked over my shoulder just in time to catch Jake looking at me. He smiled at me and I returned it.
"It's simply flirting at the moment. It's not like we're about to get married." I rolled my eyes, looking back at Taylor. "But seriously, stay away from Kathy for the week or you'll ruin everything," I told him and he laughed.
"It's just flirting..." He mocked me.
"Suck a lemon." I glared at him and he laughed again.
"I'll stay away from her but..." He sighed heavily, "I just don't think she could stay away from me and all this," He finished, gesturing up and down his body.
"Oh, gag!" I exclaimed, laughing. "Couldn't imagine anything worse..." I mumbled and Taylor looked at me indignantly.
"I'm beautiful," He told me and I laughed more.
"Sure are, Christina." I rolled my eyes and he glared at me.
"Whatever. You would so hook up with me, if I could bring myself to touching you," He told me arrogantly and I choked on my own spit.
"Not if we were the last people on earth. I would rather hump a tree and have little tree human babies than go near you," I told him and he put his hand to his heart, looking genuinely distressed making me laugh. "Oh, stop it. You yourself said you wouldn't go there with me, its mutual. You don't see me bitch-fitting." He pouted at me for a moment longer before his face dropped and he shrugged.
"Yeah, you're right but I'm hot. You're meant to be normal and want me," he told me. "I'm allowed to pass you up."
"You are such an arrogant ass," I laughed, "My stereotyping of you was right."
"Yeah I am, but like I was going to let you win the fight when I thought you were an angry feminist lesbian," He shrugged defiantly and I rolled my eyes.
"Oh my god, Taylor," I laughed. "You're so stubborn. If i'm not an angry feminist lesbian anymore, than what am I?" I asked.
"Angry crazy bee-otch," He replied simply. A smug teasing smile on his lips.
"Yeah, well. You're the one hanging out with me, so that makes you crazy too," I told him and he shrugged in defeat.
"I'll take it," Taylor said, "Some girls dig weird guys."