Condoms And Not Taking Your Socks Off For A Quick Get-Away

Chapter Thirty-One
-Condoms And Not Taking Your Socks Off For A Quick Get-Away-

Kathy looked at me with face pulled that told me she thought I was an idiot.

"You bailed?" She asked with a tired sigh.

"Mmmyup,"I replied, nodding, "Before he even woke," I told her looking at my nails so I didn't have to look at her.

"So you don't even know if he remembers last night?" She asked, sounding even more weary of my attitude to this situation.

"Nope," I shook my head to each side once with confidence. Kathy was an alpha personality and if I showed any weakness she'd talk me into doing something stupid, like going and talking this mess out with Jake, for instance.

"But, don't you want to know?" She asked and I shook my head again with the same arrogance.

You're not getting to me, devil woman.

"You're a coward, Lucy Walters," she informed me.

"Yup," I agreed whole heartedly.

Truth was that I was a coward; I could have given 'Courage The Cowardly Dog' a good run for his money. I had woken up at the crack of dawn, silently freaked out and then snuck out while Jake was pleasantly and quietly snoring his hangover away. This also happened to be, before he could wake up and confirm that he had been kissed by his roommate. Before he could confirm that his roommate then transformed into the girl he'd been seeing right before his drunken eyes. Before he could confirm the girl he was seeing was a few sandwiches short of a picnic basket.

Taylor had been messaging me all day demanding to know what went down last night. Keeping with today's theme... I was also hiding from him too.

Deal with it, Cadley.

I was onto my second jar of peanut butter and Nutella feeling slightly nauseous, mostly from the daytime television mind you, not the fat, sugar and protein overload. I was bunking out in my room with the door locked and unless it was Kathy with her very own key to the door, no one was being acknowledged.

"Well I'm warning you now, anyone asks me where you are, I'm not lying to them," Kathy warned me as she picked up her bag to leave.

"Traitor," I mumbled through a mouthful of salty, sweet goodness and gave her a dirty look that she responded to with a roll of her eyes before she slipped through the door.

After Kathy left I had my second spoonful of regret hovering over my lips as a couple on the show fought like enemies and then started making out like horny teens who had snuck away from their parents for the first time. I know knew why old people get addicted to this daytime crap.

It's pretty god damn compelling.

Stella had just kicked Logan out the house after remember she was mad at him half way through the de-pantsing he was trying to give her when someone tried to knock my door down with a sack of watermelons... that were apparently made out of steel.

"I know you're in there, Walters," Taylor called out between poundings.

"No you don't," I called back in reply.

"I do now, you moron," He yelled back.

"No body home. Me sorry," I called out in what I hoped sounded like the maid 'Consuela' from Family Guy.

"That is a terrible accent, Walters. Come on, just open the door for me," he cooed from the other side and I looked down at my chocolate-nutty concoction.

"Damn," I muttered to myself as I scooted off the bed and walked to the door.

"You kissed him!" Taylor exclaimed as I opened the door. "You're a fucking idiot!" He laughed and I glared at him, contemplating slamming the door in his face, hopefully breaking a nose or loosening some teeth on his pretty, yet smug face and barricading myself in the room until I die... or the school year ends... whichever comes first. I don't mind. Taylor took away my option when he stepped into the doorway waiting for me to move so he could come into the room fully.