Look Pretty, Play Dirty

Chapter Twenty-Eight
-Look Pretty, Play Dirty-

I stood at the bar with a few of the guys. We were going through a couple sets of jäger bombs, I was sitting out every other one on the premise I had study group early tomorrow. Taylor was backing me up, because he happens to be an okay guy after all and let's all be honest here. Girls love to talk big game but compared to guys we can't drink for shit. I wasn't stupid enough to think I could keep up with them, keep my identity hidden and also my dignity. I would end up ass up in the gutter, screeching some Nicki Minaj song.

Don't lie. We both know we've all been there.

"Here's to..." Taylor rose his jäger shot in the air, leaving it hovering over his red bull.

"Oh shut up and just fricken drink, loser," I grumbled impatiently. "You don't need to honor an aspect of your life with every shot. Sometimes a shot is just a shot," the rest of the guys groaned in unison as Taylor's chest puffed up.

"Here we go," Robbo mumbled.

"Rule forty two, Walters." I rolled my eyes when I realised why everyone else had groaned. "It's unacceptable to drink without a reason. Birthdays, exams, exam results, deaths, births, new acquirements, New Years, New Years resolutions, broken resolutions, broken hearts, broken bones, starting, finishing, alcohol itself are all drink-too-able," he rambled off, counting on his fingers. "There's no excuse not to have an excuse."

"How about we drink to Taylor shutting the hell up with the rules already?" I asked, holding my shot towards him, looking at him expectantly. He gave me a sour look as everyone around me burst out laughing and clinked their shot against the others.

"Here, here," Darko laughed before dropping his shot into the amber liquid in the bigger glass. The drinks were drunk quickly leaving Taylor and I left. I smirked at him and offered him the shot again. His pout briefly faltered as the shot glasses tapped together. I quickly downed my drink and smirked at him as he finished.

"Mind if we join?" I turned to see two brunettes, a blonde and a redhead smiling at the group.

"Ahh, Jenny," Taylor smirked at one of the brunettes, "Always room for you my dear," he cooed as his arm wrapped around her as he led the group back to the table.

"Hey I'm Courtney," the blonde smiled at me flirtatiously.

Oh sweetness, aren't you horribly confused.

"Lockie," I returned her smile, "how's it going?" I asked as her eyes widened a little.

"You're Lockie?" She asked and I nodded.

"One and only."

"You're Kathy's boyfriend?" She asked and I nodded again, eyeing her warily.

"Oh cool," she grinned. "We have a class together. She's told me all about you, she and I have been talking about double dating with you guys and my guy and I since the start of the term, nice to put a face to a name." I formally presented my hand to her and she laughed as she shook it. We chatted as the other girls got comfortable with the other guys. One girl, the redhead was getting uncomfortably close to Jake.

"Who's the red head?" I asked, nodding towards her. She looked over her shoulder and glanced in the pointed at direction.

"Charlie. Oh my god, she's finally talking to him," she gasped excitedly.

"Who?" I asked, stopping myself from glaring. ...only just. "Jake?"

"Yeah, he's been here a couple of times and she's been hot for him but to shy to approach him by herself. Oh my god this is so exciting!" She practically bounced in her seat as I tried to set the bitches head on fire mentally. Jake was smiling back at her. So in true girl style, my first conclusion is that he's already mentally sexing her up.