Boys Club - No Girls Allowed

Chapter Thirty-Two
-Boys Club - No Girls Allowed-

Still on the basketball courts, the girls that had approach me left just as I had spotted Jake coming towards the group. If he was worried about what I had just admitted to him the night before, Jake wasn't showing it. If he was worried about waking up alone this morning, it wasn't anywhere to be seen. Walking towards me looking as cheery as a button, I glanced at Taylor curiously; he glanced back at me with a mischievous Taylor look on his face, before turning his attention to the current girl blossoming under his attention who happened to be Toni from the other night.

"Lucy," Jake called to me, his tone warm and friendly.

"Hey Jake," I smiled at him apologetically, "I'm sorry about this morning. Early riser and all," I bit my lip and he narrowed his gaze down to my lip that was clamped down between my teeth.

"That's fine, I'll let you buy the drinks tonight as a gracious apology," he told me and I didn't know whether to be relieved or suspicious.

"Done deal," I agreed anyway. As my mother always said; 'don't look a gift horse in the mouth.'

"Great," He smiled and I couldn't help but smile back at his handsome face.

"Walters," Robbo broke the moment Jake and I were having by throwing the ball to me. "Are you still playing with us?" He asked as I caught the ball with ease.

"Am I allowed to play?" I replied throwing the ball back to him. "Aren't there a 'boys club - no girls allowed' rule?" I laughed.

"Only if you're not playing on my team. If you play for Taylors team, you're out, you dirty female traitor," he replied, giving Taylor a dirty look, who looked up from his lady friend when he heard his name.

"Haters gon' hate," Taylor grinned at him, "You want some of this Cadley magic, baby?" He asked Robbo, dancing towards him, lifting his shirt.

"Get away from me, loser," Robbo shoved him, making Taylor laugh before snatching the ball from his hands and successfully throwing and making the shot from the side of the court.

"On Fi-yah!" Taylor pumped his fist in the air, celebrating.

"Play with us," Jake encouraged me, only seemingly mildly amused by Robbo and Taylor.

"Okay," I agreed, only because it was Jake asking me.

As usual, I covered Jake and today shouldn't have been any different, except the fact that now the tension that seemed to be between us was tenfold. When he would block my passes or we'd stumbled into each other, the contact seemed to take on a different meaning. Hands lingered and there didn't seem to be the personal space there was as two dudes not wanting to get too personal. Neither of us minded getting so close there wasn't any breathing room. There was major flirting going on, not only did it make the game more fun, it acted as a bit of foreplay. I was electrified, and it wasn't the exercise causing it.

As the game wound up I went to take the final shot which wasn't going to win the game, but it was fun to blow the margin completely out... just to rub it in their face that a girl is better than them. I wasn't expecting just before the ball left my hands that I would be lifted from the ground and swung around to look the complete other way. I started laughing as Robbo started complaining, I looked over my shoulder and Jake stood behind me, grinning. His hands were still at my side and his eyes were filled with mischief.

"Mean," I stated and he grinned widely.

"I'll make it up to you," He promised with a low voice that made tingles run down my spine. I had been completely aware of him since he had approached the courts. His eyes had been fire hot as he stared holes through me since he first looked at me. He wasn't angry, I refused to believe it. He couldn't fake the vibes he was radiating towards me, if he was pissed. He wasn't that good of an actor. All thought left me when his lips brushed my ear lobe and I could have combusted right then and there.