Chapter 26:Please Live, Kacchan

Nighttime,
Somewhere outside UA...

Third Person's POV

Midoriya could only sob in grief while holding Bakugou's body still in her bloody slender arms. Her crystal clear tears fell on his pale, cold face. "Kacchan... I'm sorry..." She murmured into his ear even though she knew he wouldn't hear her voice. She was too late. She couldn't save him... Because of her immaturity.

"You... Brat...!" Mr. Compress groaned in pain, gripping his shirt firmly while screaming in agony. The ball fell off of his palm, rolling on the ground until it hit Midoriya's knees. Midoriya helplessly picked that shining turquoise up, staring at it long before finally spoke up again.

"Release." Midoriya uttered weakly and all of sudden, the ball shone brightly. Hiroshi finally reverted back to his original human form. He hissed in pain, his body feeling very numb. "Icchan...?" He said his little sister's name, opening his eyes half-lid to look at her.

But the only thing he could see was a miserable sight, Midoriya was holding lifeless Bakugou in her arms with tears wouldn't stop falling from her puffy eyes. "No... It can't be..." Hiroshi wanted to deny this cruel fate so much. His eyes then darted to the villains who kept groaning in pain, laying on the floor weakly and some of them even screamed in hysteria. "No way... This is..." Hiroshi turned to look at Midoriya again, terrifying thoughts kept showing up in his mind. "I-Icchan... You activated Curse Mode?!" He gasped in shock and out of blue the wind around her started blowing stronger, causing Hiroshi to step backward far away from her.

"How dare you-- You little bastard!" Hisashi managed to get up even though he still felt the mysterious pain in his body, running toward Midoriya to kill her.

Midoriya, who was already frustrated about Bakugou's death, glared dagger at her father. Her angry emerald eyed met her father's black eyes. "Night...mare..." Midoriya muttered huskly, her eyes kept glowing brighter blood red.

As she said, Hisashi started to hallucinate, seeing the thing he feared the most. This happened to the rest of the vilains, even Hiroshi. They all started to see something they feared the most in their life. Midoriya couldn't control the Curse Mode anymore that her Quirk even affected her brother.

But Midoriya didn't give a care about anyone around her, her eyes were only locked on Bakugou. The tornado started to grow bigger and blew much stronger ,creating a barrier of wind around her.

Midoriya started to cry loudly. Her cries were the cause of the tornado became bigger and stronger. "Kacchan... I-I'm sorry... Please don't go..." She kept sobbing, hoping Bakugou would come to life again. But she knew he wouldn't. The dead couldn't be brought back to life.

'She... Already used three words with the Curse Mode then why... She still doesn't deactivate it?!' Hisashi thought as he tried to push away the nightmare he was seeing. At this rate, if Midoriya used her Curse Mode one more time...

Midoriya's POV

I despair... I'm frustrated... I'm sad... I feel very guilty... I regret my immature action...

I feel like a failure...

But I'm a failure from the very beginning, don't I?

"KACCHAN!!!!" I kept screaming his name in misery. I couldn't accept this fate at all! No!

Why, Kacchan?! Why did you have to die?!

I carefully took out the knives in his body, putting them aside. "You promised me you'll always be together with me no matter what happen. Then why did you leave me?! Why didy ou have to die?! You broke your promise, Kacchan! You broke my heart!" I screamed in grief, recalling his confession back then, the day we both finally confessed our love to each other. The day that made my life brighter than before, the day that made my life much more meaningful.