Chapter 5 - part 1

~ Jacob

Walking down the school corridor, I felt all of the students staring, all of their small giggles turned against me and everytime someone laughed I couldn't help but think that they were laughing at me.

Ever whisper, every noise made me feel worse. I knew that they pittied me.

I knew that they thought that I had been broken and some even found it funny, but something inside of me wanted me to hold my head up high and pretend that nothing had ever happened.

If not for me then I had to do it for Belle. Whether I loved her or not, I would never forgive myself for making someone else's life a misery.

"Hey Jacob!" The only too familiar shriek of Jasmine tore through the silence that had envoloped me. "You okay?! We've got art next! That's your favourite lesson isn't it?"

If she had of shouted any louder than the whole world would have heard it.

"Mhm..." I really was not in the mood for a fight, and I knew that if I spoke to her properly then one would definitely start. 

"Well then come on! I'll walk with you!" Reluctantly I walked up the everlasting flights of stairs to the art block with Jasmine.

It was only when we reached the art room that I realised Belle shared this class with me too.

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Belle 

As the doors of the elevator to the Art department opened everyone turned to look at me.

I had told the teachers that I didn't want to use the lifts for that exact reason but they said the going up the stairs would just take too much time.

Scanning the pittiful faces I turned to my far left only to see Jacob, Jasmine leaning on his shoulder, staring straight back at me.

I went to smile but before I could do anything he turned away from me, placing his arm around Jasmine and walking through the art room door.

I felt something drop in my stomach, it felt like the lift had just fallen down the 3 floors.

Slowly lifting the heavy crutches from out of the metalic box and into the smell of paint and cleaning liquids I made my way into the classroom as people made way for me to get through.

I hated how people were suddenly being nice to me now that I had crutches and still had my arm in a loose cast so that I could move it but not hurt it. Suddenly everyone who had rejected me, bullied me and ignored me wanted to do everything that they could to help me.

As I looked up after eventually sitting down at my desk I saw a dozen heads bob back down and pretend to look interested in their work. I knew they had been felling sorry for me.

The only head still up amonst the crowd of patronising girls was Jasmine. 

She was positioned so that when ever I looed out of the window I would see her reflection and whenever I looked at the teacher I would see her.

Jacob sat next to her too and it wasn't until I dropped my pencil on the floor and attempted to pick it up without standing up that I saw why.

Searching around on the floor I could see Jasmine's hand on Jacob's knee and as my head arose again to sit back up fully, completely forgetting about the pencil I could see Jasmine whispering into Jacob's ear.

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM SO SORRY THAT THE UPDATE TOOK SO LONG!!! <3 I HAD SO MUCH TO DO!! And I am so Sorry it is a short one guys :D But there is a big twist coming up soon so keep your eyes out!!

Promo time!!! ~ This one is for..... @Princesskittycat and her new story 'Chaging Tides'! It is amazing and you should all go and check it out please xxxx

http://www.wattpad.com/6685237-changing-tides