channel 9

Austin's P.O.V:

I was asked to perform on Arise San Antonio Saturday at 7. It was pretty early for me to be up, but of course I said I would do it. The best thing was that it would be live on Channel 9.

Whenever I picked a song to sing, I always chose something that I could relate to. So Friday morning I grabbed some junk food and locked myself in my room also known as my studio. I must have gone through 20 songs.

"Girl you make me dumb, dumb, dumb, why, why, why, why?" That was a fun song, but it wasn't good enough.

"You can count on me like 1,2,3, I'll be there. And I know when I need it I can count on you, like 4,3,2." That was closer to the right song. I tried a couple more and then I found the perfect one. There was clearly one person that I hope would watch my performance. Nicole. I decided to text her, and see if she was ready to talk to me.

Nicole's P.O.V:

From Austin: Can we talk?

4 missed calls. A part of me really wanted to answer the phone when it rang, but I couldn't bring myself to it. I sat on the couch with Alexis on Saturday morning. "Come on, lets watch some Tv. Get your mind off of things." I knew by things, she met him. We made the mistake of turning it on to channel 9.

"Today we are very honored to have a special peformance by the pop heart throb, Austin Mahone." The host said. "Um, we can change it." Alexis suggested. But I felt like maybe I should give him a chance. "No, that's alright. Keep it here." We watched as Austin made his way to the stage that was surrounded by a thousand screaming teen girls.

Austin's P.O.V:

As I walked up the steps to the stage, I saw a girl that was bawling. I decided to give her a hug. "Thanks for coming." I said silently. "You're very welcome." She said through her tears. Once I was stood in front of all those people, I felt my nerves kick in. I had a feeling that Nicole was somewhere watching. So I made sure to sing extra well. "How's everyone doing this fine morning?" I asked. And the crowd roared. "It's so great to see all of your friendly faces." I took a breath. "So, I thought I would start off with a little song called 11:11." Everyone screamed.

It was fun hearing everyone sing a long. "Ok, this song is really special to me. I didn't write it, but I really feel the words. They mean a lot to me."

Nicole's P.O.V:

I heard the piano play the intro. And I instantly recognized the song that Austin was singing.

"Dreams, that's where I have to go, to see your beautiful face anymore, I stare at a picture of you and I listen to the radio." His voice was amazing.

Me and Alexis sang along. " If you ask me how I'm doing, I will say I'm doing just fine. I would lie and say that you're not on my mind. But I go out and I sit down, at a table set for two. And finally I'm forced to face the truth, no matter what I say, I'm not over you." I was speechless and then I saw it. Austin winked into the camera. It was dumb, but I felt like it was meant for me.

Austin's P.O.V:

"And we are back with Austin here at the morning center. That was quite a little show you put on." Ria, a host, said. "Thanks for letting me sing. It was a lot of fun." I smiled. "Of course. So I picked a few questions that it seemed like everyone was dying to know. Hopefully you don't get asked these all the time." She said and looked at her flashcards. "Ok so first of all, what do you look for in a girl?" I quickly thought about it. "I like a girl who is sincere and has a good heart." I said. "Those are good traits. Ok, where would you love to take a girl on a date?" I used the same answer for most interviews. "The beach at sunset. So then I can compare her beauty to the sun." I was serious but we both laughed. "That's very sweet. Alright, I thought I would save this one for last. Is there a girl that you are interested in at the moment?" Dang, I really didn't want to answer that. "No, there isn't" I lied. "Did you hear that girls? Austin is single and his options are open." I pretended to smile. "Thanks for stopping by Austin, I hope to talk to you again soon."

"I'm gonna walk home." I said to my mom. I put my guitar over my shoulder. "Are you ok honey?" She asked. "I just need some fresh air." She said ok and I made my way home. I felt terrible for lying. What if Nicole watched that? But even if she did, she still didn't like me.

Nicole's P.O.V:

I was thinking about calling Austin after his interview. But then I heard his answer to the last question. And all my dreams were crushed. "Are you ok?" Alexis asked me. "Ya." I whispered. But I knew I was lying. "Hey, why don't we get out. Let's go to the park." She suggested. I turned my phone off and left it to charge. Then we headed to the town park which was a nice quiet place to chill.

Austin's P.O.V:

I sat down at the fountain in the park and tried calling Nicole. It went to voicemail. "It's Austin. I really need to talk to you." After 5 more tries, I gave up. She was obviously ignoring me. I wished I could ignore her, but then again, I didn't want to. As I walked home, I thought I saw Nicole's blonde hair from across the street. But I figured I was imagining things.

Nicole's P.O.V:

The second me and Alexis got to the park, I saw two familiar faces. Alex and Tyler were riding skateboards. Then Tyler's board got caught in a crack and he flew into the fountain. We ran over to him. Alex wouldn't stop laughing. "Tyler, are you alright?" I asked. "I'm fine." He tried to stand up, just as the water sprayed higher. He became even more soaked. "Way to impress the ladies Ty." Alex joked. Tyler gave him the evil eye and splashed him with water. But Alex ducked and it got me wet. "Oh, no you didn't." I splashed him back but it hit Alexis. Then we started a water war and we all ended up looking like wet dogs. It was hilarious.

"Oh, I forgot. Tyler and Alex, this Alexis." She smiled at them. "Can I call you Alex?" asked Alex. "Sure." She giggled. "I really know how to make a first impression, don't I?" Tyler laughed. Then we all cracked up again. "Oo swings!" Alexis yelled. I loved the swings also. There were exactly four so we all tried to swing at the same height.

"Here's my number." Alexis wrote it down for Tyler. "What about me?" Alex asked. Then she blushed. "Here." She gave it to him too. "Thank you." We all said goodbye. "It was nice to meet both of you." She stared at Tyler for a little too long. And I think he noticed. "Later mini girly me." Alex said. He was such a weirdo. But I loved that about him.