agree to disagree

Valerie's P.O.V.

     Me and Valerie fell asleep right away once we got to our hotel after the fair. The day after we got up at noon. "You girls should go out to lunch." My mom said. I was pretty hungry, but that didn't sound like a good option. I did not want to be alone with Val. That would only give us more time to start an argument. "Can we just stay here and order room service?" I hopefully asked. "No, that's not a treat. Here take some money and have a good time. I have to go talk to the florist about red roses instead of peach." She handed me $40 and left. We decided to go to Chilis. Then we got our purses and walked to the elevator.

    I avoided talking until we got seated at the restaurant. "This is nice. Just like the old days." Val said and I nodded. "Ya, except the boys aren't here." Austin had to work on his Say Somethin music video. "Speaking of the boys, about last night.." I started to get worried. I should not have brought them up. Thankfully the waiter came to take our orders. "I'll have the chicken wings." I said. "Can I have a sesame chicken salad please." Val was always watching what she ate. I on the other hand ate whatever I wanted and was still skinny."So, I wanted to talk about what we should do about Alex." I didn't mind talking about him, but I did not want the topic to change to Austin. "I don't think there is much to do. I can just keep acting friendly and not flirty." She agreed that that sounded like a good suggestion. "Does that mean I should keep spending time with him so you don't have to?" The way she put it made me sound so mean. "Not at all. I'm sorry about the dance. I shouldn't have left you with my problems. And I feel like I'm ok to hang out with him now." Val looked down at the napkin on her lap.

    "So you and Austin.." I cut her off. "Look Val, he's just my friend. Ok?" I said slowly. She looked like she doubted me. "I saw you dancing with him Nicole. That wasn't a just friends type of dance." I was shocked at how fast she got angry at me. I thought she would at least trust me. Even though I was lying to save our friendship. "You like him, don't you?" I stayed silent. "Just admit it. Please, it would make things so much easier." I looked into her expecting gaze. "Are you kidding? That wouldn't help anything. In fact it would make everything more difficult." She glared at me. "You are the only thing that is making things difficult. If it weren't for you, me and Austin would be so happy together." I threw my napkin onto the table. I couldn't believe she had blamed me for Austin not liking her. I got up an started to leave and then faced her. "It's not my fault Austin only likes you as a friend and you know it."

       I turned around and ran right into the waiter. I knocked him over and the plate of chicken wings rubbed all over my shirt. I looked down and started to cry. I wasn't normally one for showing my emotions but I was really disappointed. Then I ran out of the restaurant and hit someone's shoulder as I was turning the corner. "Sorry." I mumbled. "Nicole, what's wrong?" I looked up into Austin's dark chocolate eyes. "It's stupid." I admitted. "I don't mind. I get told stupid stuff all the time." I laughed. Even when I was upset, he could always make me smile. "Me and Valerie got in a fight." He examined the stain on my shirt. "And she threw a plate of chicken wings at you?" I felt dumb explaining the situation. "No, I got up because I was angry. And then I ran into the waiter. Today just isn't my day." He pulled me into his grasp. I felt terrible knowing that my current position would make Val hate me more. "Austin, I can't do this." I let go of him. "You can't hug me?" A tear rolled down my cheek and he wiped it off. "Please, just don't. I should go." I quickly walked back to the hotel room and threw away my shirt. Then I changed and took a nap.

      When I looked at the clock it was 6:30. I went to the mini fridge to get some water. "Hey!" I jumped and turned around to see Tyler sitting on the couch holding his phone. "And that's how I do it." He said into the phone. "Who are you talking to?" I wondered. "Just my keek followers." Then I realized he had just filmed me getting scared to death. "That is so not cool. I will get you back for this." He gave me a look like sure you will. "So how are you here?" He took out his room key. "I found out that some keys work for different rooms. And it just so happens that mine works for yours." I was not delighted by that news. "Weird. Well just don't feel free to come in anytime you like." I sat down on a chair and started spinning around. "Why are you here?" He stared me down. "Austin told me about his encounter with you. I wanted to check up on you." I decided to lie. "Thanks but I'm fine." Tyler rolled his eyes. "Stop playing, how are you really?" I slumped down in the chair. "Terrible." He got up and hugged me. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" I told him all that went on and he listened.

    "So you plan on ignoring Austin?" I couldn't see myself doing that, but it seamed like the best thing to do. "Well I want to stay friends with Val and it seams like a good option. But.." Tyler finished my sentence. "You really like him. Don't you?" I started to cry again. "Ya. Why does everything have to be so hard?" I asked. "That's just how life is. Like Alex's song says. You just gotta roll with it." I wished life wasn't like that. Then Tyler's phone vibrated. "I got a text from Austin asking where I am. Can I tell him?" I nodded. "Yes, but our conversation is private." He agreed not to tell Austin any details.

-------------------------------

Valerie's P.O.V

    I felt so lousy after I got mad at Nicole. When she ran into the waiter I wanted to go tell her how sorry I was, but I wimped out. I left a few dollars on the table, since we didn't actually eat anything and headed out to go shopping. First I went to my favorite store and saw a very cute pink floral skirt. I thought it would look great on Nicole. "See something you like?" I looked to my side to see Robert. "No, it's not for me. Why are you at Forever 21?" I gave him a skeptical glance. "Oh, I was just.." "Checking out the girls?" I suggested. "Ok, you caught me." I laughed. "You are so obvious." I found a purple puffy shirt and waited in line to pay for it. I felt bad because me and Nicole would usually never shop without each other. "I don't know if I should get this." I said. "Well if you like it then get it. It's that simple." Robert didn't know just how complicated it was. "It is so not simple. I mean if Nicole were here..." Robert smiled a knowing smile. "But she isn't. Austin told me something happened between you two today." I thought it was strange that Nicole told Austin about our argument. "What exactly did he tell you?" I was worried. "He just said that Nicole came out of Chilis crying and you two had a fight. He hugged her and she said that she couldn't hug him." That was such a relief. I suddenly felt even worse. Knowing that Nicole was avoiding Austin for me. "Do you want to know the details?" I didn't want Austin to know all the facts but I didn't mind if Robert knew.

      "Wow, I'm so glad I am not a girl. You guys have so much drama." I gave him a look. "That's all you have to say?" I sighed. "No. I think you need to talk this out with Nicole." I guess that was a smart choice.

You had a lot of crooks trying to steel your heart.

  He answered his phone. "Hey Austin....I'm at the mall talking to Valerie....Ok see ya soon." He hung up. "Do you wanna head back to the hotel with me?" I gave Robert a hug. "Sure. It's time to settle things out."

-----------------------------

I'm gonna put Alex, Benji and Cj Holland's new song Roll With It on the side. It just came out today and it inspired this part.