what a klutz

Nicole's P.O.V:

I jumped right out of bed at 7 am Tuesday morning. It was my first day at La Vernia high school. I was so ready, which was strange because I normally despised going to school. But I had a feeling that school would be different in the small Texas town.

I stepped into the walk-in closet that I had loaded with clothes the day before. I picked out a white vneck and some jeans. I put my favorite gray blazer on with a gray scarf. I grabbed my black lace up boots and headed downstairs.

Isabella was sitting at the table eating captain crunch berries. I sat down and helped myself to a bowl as well. Then Valerie came downstairs wearing a red collared tank top and ankle length jeans. Her red, usally curly, locks were straightened. After she got to the table, Carder made his way down the steps. He looked very nice in his black skinny jeans and red flannel. "You got a hot date?" I asked him. He looked nervous and hesitated, "Pshh, no." It was funny to see him nervous. "I'm only joking." Belle and Val giggled with me.

"The bus is leaving!" Aunt Laurie popped her head into the kitchen. She didn't realize that we were all there so she didn't have to yell. "I call shotgun!"Carder ran and got into the front seat. We all climbed into the back seats of the van. The school was only a couple minutes away but Laurie was nice enough to drive us.

From the outside, the school looked like any regular high school, but the inside was much nicer than other schools. Belle introduced me to almost everyone we passed by and they were all nice. The bad thing was that I wasn't assigned a locker yet, so I had to carry around 4 large textbooks. I tried to walk quickly to my first period math class. But someone wasn't watching where they were going and ran into me. I tripped and my books landed on my left foot. It wasn't the best feeling ever.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." I looked up and saw the same pretty blue eyes I had seen at the airport two days ago. "Asher?"I knew it was him, but I just wanted to ask anyways. He grinned once he recognized me. "The girl who isn't good on her feet." He said. "Hey, this time it wasn't my fault." I replied. He held out his hand for me. I took it but I couldn't ignore my throbbing toes. "You're in pain aren't you?" He sounded concerned. "A little bit." I mumbled. He grabbed my arm and put it around his kneck. "What are you doing?" I wondered. "Do you want help or not?" I let him walk me to the nurse's office where I was given ice to stop the pain. "Can I walk you to your next class?" Asher asked. "Considering I probably won't get there on my own, that would be great." I said. We walked in awkward silence down the barren halls. "So...." He randomly said. "So what...." "I'm still a rockstar, I got my rock moves and i don't need you." He cut me off. "Well I need you at the moment." He laughed at my joke. "I'm Nicole by the way." Instead of shaking my hand he fist bumped it, which was weird because my hand wasn't in a fist.

It turns out me and Asher had pre-calc/trig together. I walked into my math class with Asher's arm still around me. It was awkward walking up to the teacher with a late pass. "I'm new. My name's Nicole Ranch." I said. "Ms. Ranch please take your seat. Mr. Smith why are you not seated yet? You know where your assigned seat is." Ms. Williams demanded an answer. "Sorry ma'am, Nicole here hurt her foot, well I...." He was intrerrupted. "I don't need the details. Just sit down." I saw Tyler and Robert sitting down and I took the free seat across from Robert. "Hey klutz." He whispered. "It wasn't my fault...." Once again Ms. Williams interrupted, "Robert, would you like to share what you are talking about?" He shook his head. "No need for that. Sorry." He looked sheepish."Ms. Ranch if you know what's best for you, you will not speak with boys like Robert." That comment didn't just offend Robert, it offended me too. She had no right to judge him. He was one of the coolest and nicest guys I knew. I wanted to give the teacher a piece of my mind, but I kept my mouth shut. And that's how the rest of the day went.