Surprise, surprise

Asher's P.O.V:

"Hey man, what's going on?" Tyler came up to me and we did our handshake. "Not much. Just looking forward to cooking. I wonder what exciting thing will happen today." I said as I stuffed textbooks into my locker. "Oh ya, I heard about that food fight. So how was detention?"He asked. "Not bad surprisingly. I got Nicole to sing with me." I smiled remembering the sound of her nice voice. "So she really can sing.....for years we all tried to get her to try it, but she wouldn't." Tyler replied. I thought it was cool that I was the first one to get her to try.  

"So anyways," Tyler interrupted my thoughts,"will you do me a favor?" I raised an eyebrow. "It depends what the favor is."  

"Will you come shopping with me and Alexis tonight?" He asked."I don't know, I'm not big on shopping." I replied. "Pleaseeee," Tyler begged. "Won't I just be like the third wheel? Why do you even want me to go?" questioned. I think I was hanging out with girls too much because I was starting to sound like one.  

Tyler sighed,"I don't really like shopping, but Alexis asked me to go with her. I thought if you came, we could sit together and wait for her to buy stuff." I agreed to go. "Alright, I have nothing better to do. But will Alexis mind shopping alone while we sit and wait?" I asked. Tyler thought about it. "You could invite a certain someone." He suggested. "Ok. But it's not going to be a date." I said. "Sure, whatever." Tyler said. "See ya tonight." 

I walked down the hall. Behind me I heard Tyler cough,"it's a date." I turned around. "Get to class Stanush." I ordered. --------

Nicole's P.O.V:

"Hey Nicole." Asher said as I sat down next to him in cooking class. I smiled at him. "Are you busy tonight?" He asked. I said no, a little worried about what his next question would be. "Tyler asked me to go shopping with him and Alexis. I was wondering if you wanted to come?"  

"You didn't want to be the third wheel, did you?" I asked. "No.... I just thought you might enjoy going." He said. "Sure you did." I doubted that. "Ok fine, I didn't want to be the awkward one there. But if you go we can be awkward together." He suggested. He was adorable. "Alright, I have nothing better to do." He grinned. "Then it's a date!" Then he frowned. "Did I just say that?" I nodded. "That's not meant."  

"So who's going on a date?" Robert came over to our table. "No one!" Me and Asher shouted. Then we broke into laughter. ---------------- 

*Doo Do Doo Do Doo shake a hand* The Christmas doorbell rang.  

I grabbed my gray hollister sweatshirt and said bye to Isabella and Valerie. "Have fun on your date." Carder yelled from his room. "It's not a date!" I shouted back. Then I answered the door.  

"Nice jacket." Asher said. I smiled and then realized he was wearing the same sweatshirt as me, but of course it was the kind meant for guys. "I guess great minds do think alike." We laughed. "I can change if you don't want to match." I said. "No. I like it." He stated. 

The sun had gone down an hour ago so the streetlights went on. We walked to Alexis's house where she and Tyler were sitting on the porch swing, laughing at something on her phone. "Hey you two." I said. Alexis squealed and hugged Tyler. "Lex, it's just Nicole and Asher." Tyler patted her head. "Oh, thanks for scaring me you guys." "Your welcome." Asher said. I hit his arm playfully. "Owe." He rubbed the spot where I hit him. "Wimp." He gave me a look like oh-no-you-didn't. Then he started tickling me. "Stop it!" I was super ticklish and giggled uncontrollably. "Get a room." Tyler joked. Then he stopped tickling me.  

"Let's go," Tyler got up,"whoa, did you two plan that?"He asked looked at our sweatshirts. "Nope." We said in unison. All of us climbed into Tyler's little car. "Asher and Nicole sitting in a tree." Alexis whispered in my ear. "Shut up." I mumbled. ----:):)-------