Good things do happen

Nicole's P.O.V: 

I stared into Asher's sparkly blue eyes after we kissed. What had I done? The bell rang signifying the end of first period. I grabbed my bag and darted down the hall.  

"Nicole wait!" Asher ran behind me. I stopped at the stairs and slumped down to the ground. "I'm sorry." I said with my face covered by my hands. "Was it really that bad of a kiss?" He looked worried. My eyes peeked out of my fingers. "No, that's not it."I replied. "I, I shouldn't have kissed you." He rubbed my back. "Then why did you?"He asked. I thought about it. "It was a dare and I didn't want to disappoint the person who dared me to do it." I explained. "Why don't we forget the kiss ever happened." He said. "What kiss?" I played along with his game. He chuckled and put his arms around me in a half bear hug. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I checked the screen. Austin. "Are you ok?" Asher asked noticing my suddenly pale face. "I'll be fine, I gotta take this." He waved to me. "Thanks Ash."  

Austin's P.O.V: 

"Hello?" Nicole answered the phone in a timid voice. "How's it going?" I asked. I had called for a reason. But I was avoiding that reason. "Not bad, how are things in Miami?" She asked. "Alright... So the reason I called was because of that keek that was just posted." She was silent. "Well I know it's none of my business, but do you really like that Asher guy?" I felt stupid. She just sighed. "Look Austin, that was a mistake, I only kissed him because it was a dare. Please don't let it make things awkward between us."  

"So you two are just friends?"I had to clear things up. "Yes, and I want us to still be friends no matter what." I was relieved to hear that. "Ok, that's good to hear. Talk to you later Nick." I hung up and lay upside down on my bed. I sure wished I was in Texas with all my friends. ----------

Nicole's P.O.V: 

I was sitting in Spanish class when the an office person came on the loud speaker. "Nicole Ranch, please report to the office, now." The room filled with "oohs". "Calliate!" Señorita Frescas yelled. That meant shut up in Spanish. I walked down the hall and into the office. I wasn't worried, because I hadn't done anything wrong. "Ms. Ranch." I turned around and saw one of the dance coaches. She shook my hand. "If you wouldn't mind talking to me for a minute, step into my office.  

I sat down in a squeaky old chair. It was hard to stay still because it was so uncomfortable. "So as you know I teach the dance team here. And I still remember the audition tape that you made for Alexis." I was shocked that she still remembered it. I barely did. "I'm not sure if you recall, but I told you that, if you wanted a spot on the team, there would always be one for you.....There is still a spot Nicole, would you like it?" I tried hard not to jump out of my chair. "Yes! I will not disappoint you." She shook my hand. "You don't have to hide your excitement." When she said that I jumped up and hugged her. "Thank you!" She smiled back at me. "Practice has already started for the season, so you will need to get caught up. I suggest that Alexis works with you after school when you are free." I agreed and skipped out of the office. ---------- 

Alexis's P.O.V: 

It wasn't hard at all to teach Nicole the dance routines. She was a quick learner and ended up doing them better than me. "5,6,7,8.... Left, right, kick, kick, and slide.." "And do the butterfly and kick and kick and shake those little hips." Nicole cut me off. She had trouble staying on task. "That's not the routine I taught you." I felt like an adult yelling at her. "Sorry." She giggled. 

Tyler's P.O.V: 

I sat in the gym and watched Nicole and Alexis practicing. Alexis was a pretty good teacher. "Dude, drool much?" Robert caught me staring at her. I wiped my mouth to check if I was drooling. "I'm only joking. But really man when are you going to tell her you like her?" Nicole came up and sat next to me. "I was thinking the same thing."It was bad enough having one person annoy me, then I had two. "Just ask her out already!"They both yelled at me. Alexis walked up in the stands and came over to us. "What are we talking about?" She asked. "Nothing!" We shouted. "Ok then." We sat there in awkward silence. "I have to go, Belle and Val are waiting for me." Nicole rushed out of the gym. "Ya, I have this thing..." Robert made his way down the bleachers. 

"I should probably go." Alexis started to get up. "Wait." I made her sit back down. "Would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow night?"I asked. Her face lit up. "Ok. Where should we go?" I smiled back at her. "It's a surprise,I'll pick you up at 4:30."