Dates and Balloons

Nicole's P.O.V:

*Knock, knock*

I was the only one downstairs so I answered the door. "Asher? What are you doing here?" I asked in a tired voice.

"Sorry it's so early. I just thought we could walk to school together, but I wasn't sure when you normally leave." I yawned, still shocked he was on my porch at 7 in the morning. "Oh, we don't normally leave until 7:30. But you can come hang out inside for now." He entered into the living room.

"No way, you like pokemon?" He stared at me in disbelief. Then I realized I was wearing my pikachu footie pajamas. They even had a hood that looked like pikachu's face. I felt my cheeks turn red. "Well this is awkward....."

"I love pokemon!!" He admitted. It made me giggle. "I knew I liked you." He grinned.

"Did you eat breakfast?" He shook his head. "Help yourself to some cereal in the cupboard." We both reached for the captain crunch berries. "Oh, you can have them first."He handed them to me. We both ate in silence, the only sound was the crunching of our teeth against the cereal.

I looked at the time and decided I should get dressed. "I'm not in a creative mood today. Do you want to help me pick out an outfit?" I asked Asher.

"It would be my honor." He said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. "Just come help me!" I pulled him, by his hand, up the stairs and into my room.

-----------

Asher's P.O.V:

Ever since the day before, I had been wondering the real reason why Nicole was so disappointed that we had kissed. I knew it was something more than just being embarrassed that the whole keek world had seen the kiss.

Nicole plopped me down on a blue bean bag chair in her room. She went into her closet and started throwing different clothing combinations together.

"What about this?" She held a lavender sweater next to light blue jeans. "Not bad." I replied. I had to admit that her sense of style was pretty good. No that I cared about fashion or anything.

"Or this?" She showed me a dark blue and black striped pancho type thing, over gray jeans. "I'd go with the second choice." She agreed with me.

Nicole's P.O.V:

"Now for the shoes. Black lace-ups or converse?" I held up both options. "Black lace-ups." We said in unison.

I tried to stuff my foot into the boots while standing up. But I ended up tripping and falling on top of Asher.

The door creaked open. I turned around from my awkward position. I saw my aunt's shocked expression. Oh no.

"Aunt Laurie, it's not what it looks like!" I stated, getting up from the bed. She gave me a stern look. "Asher, would you excuse us for a minute?" He nodded and looked at my aunt apologetically. "I'm sorry ma'am." He went into the hallway. "Ooh, Nicole had a boy in her room." I heard Carder say.

"Let's hear you explanation." She crossed her arms. "This might sound like a lie. But I promise it isn't." I sighed. "Asher is a new friend that I made at school. He knocked on the door this morning because he thought we could walk to school together. We ate breakfast, then I asked him to help me pick out an outfit. I know I'm strange for asking a guy for fashion advice. But he isn't so bad in that area." I was getting off topic. "Anyways, I was trying to put on my boots, but then I fell. And that's when you walked in."

"Is that honestly what happened?" She asked. "Yes. If you want, you can ask Asher. He will say the same thing." She gave me a hug. "I'm sorry I doubted you. I know I can trust you."