reception surprise

Nicole's P.O.V:

When we got to the church, me and Alexis "ran" to the lobby. Isabella was waiting in the same bridesmaid's dress as me. She so wore it better. "You look great!" I said. "No you do! I can't believe you got hurt last minute." She hugged me. "Belle this is Alexis." She smiled at her. "It's nice to meet you. Belle gave her a hug. "Sorry, I'm just in a huggy mood. I'm so excited!" I laughed at her enthusiasm. "Ok, I am too." I admitted. Then Natalia came into the lobby with her beautiful white thin sleeved dress that showed how skinny she was. Next to her was Lauren, her best friend since middle school. She was the maid of honor of course. Alexis ran into the chapel to sit down and my dad came out grinning.

"Sis, you look perfect." I hugged her. "Thank you." She gave me an honest smile. A thousand miles started to be played by the pianist. That was our cue to head down the aisle. Becky, the 'flower woman' as she called it, started first and threw rose petals. I headed behind her, then Isabella and Lauren. We reached the steps and stood in front of everyone. We all watched as my dad and Natalia made their way down the aisle. They were both so happy. Then Danny took her hand and they stood on the highest step.------------------------------

The newly wedded couple walked out of the chapel with giant grins on their faces. I hoped my wedding would be as perfect as theirs someday. They both rode home to change, in their decorated lexus. Everyone walked down the street to the reception hall. "That was just beautiful. Didn't you think so?" Belle asked. I nodded. "I never would have imagined that they would be getting married. But they are great together." I said. "So is there cake?" Alexis randomly asked. I rolled my eyes. "What, I'm hungry." She complained. "Of course there's cake! It would not be a wedding without one." We all laughed and skipped down the street.

The ballroom was covered in candy of all sorts. The theme was 'candyland'. "Chocolate!!" I yelled like a crazy person. "Don't mess up your dress." Alexis warned me. "I won't." I said in a little kid's voice. I filled up a cup with hersheys bars and kisses. Then I went to the sour stuff. I grabbed watermelon rings, apple rings, and sourpatch. I was in heaven.

Natalia walked in with a light red pencil skirt with a white lace top. It was adorable. A bunch of our family crowded around her and talked with her. "I'm gonna go use the restroom." Alexis said. "Want me to come?" I asked. "No, that's ok. It's easier for you to jsut sit and relax. Be right back." She ran off to the bathroom.

"So, do you think you're gonna talk to Austin anytime soon?" Isabella wondered. "Probably not." I answered. She gave me a knowing smile. "I understand. Well, I guess I would talk to him if I were you, but I'm not." I didn't like that topic. "Can we just not talk about him please?" I begged. "Sorry."

Natalia walked up to the stage. "Hello my fellow friends and family. I just want to thank all of you for sharing this special day with me. I remember dreaming about how my wedding would be when I was little. And it was way better than I imagined. Thank you so much mom for making me ready for this day. And I want to thank my sisters Becky and Nicole. I love you a lot. Even though we fought sometimes." She started to cry and so did I. "Well, before I start a flood, I better stop talking. We have a very special performance. There were a few minor setbacks, so it's gonna go a little different than earlier planned. Enjoy."

The lights went off. Three figures came to the stage and it was too dark to see who it was. The music started and I instantly recognized it as 'Call Me Maybe'. Then the figure's clothes glowed and they turned around. I was not at all expecting what I saw. Austin, Valerie, and Alexis. Isabella closed my mouth that was hanging open. At first I was upset to see Austin singing, my ex best friend and my best friend dancing together. But then I got into it.

"Hey I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe, it's hard to look right, at you baby, but here's my number, so call me maybe." Austin sang really well as always. Then I realized that Valerie and Alexis were doing the dance that I had planned to do with Alexis. I remembered doing it with Valerie so long ago. And I realized how much I missed Valerie.