familiar face

Nicole's P.O.V:

"You're joking right?" I asked after hearing that Austin had moved to Miami. Everyone had left me and Alexis alone to talk. She shook her head. Then I groaned and fell onto the mattress that was on the floor. "I hate myself!" I muttered into a pillow. "Nicki, it's not that big of a deal. He always visits his house in Miami every so often." Alexis explained. "He'll be back to his house here soon." I sat up from my position and stared at her. "Why didn't you say that in the first place?!" A wave of relief came over me. But I still wished he was at my house with the rest of the crew. "Sorry, I thought you knew all the details about your 'almost boyfriend." Alexis said with air quotes. "He is not my almost boyfriend." I said matter-of-factly. "If you say so."

"So when did he leave for Florida?" I asked. "Today." She looked at her phone. "It was around 4:30 when he left for the airport." My flight was just arriving to the airport around that time. Then I realized, "Ohmygoodness. I saw him." She gave me a weird look. "Huh?" I clarified," I saw a familiar face after we got off the plane. But I figured it couldn't be Austin, why would he be at the airport...... but it was him." She gave me an understanding smile. "Sorry...." She was cut off by the sound of the ooVoo video call ring. I looked at the caller id. Then I gave a serious look. "Who is it?" She sounded worried. My mouth went into a grin. "Austin." She jumped up in excitement and left me in my new bedroom.

"Hey." I slowly answered the video call. "What's up darling?" Austin asked in a southern accent. "Nothing much. Me and Valerie just moved into Isabella's new house." He nodded. "Wait, you moved? Where?" He was slow sometimes. "La Vernia." I stated. His jaw opened and his gum fell out. "That was attractive." I smirked. "I know you secretly love me." He winked. I rolled my eyes. "So anyways...La Vernia. When  did you get there?" He asked. "About 5.And guess what." I replied. "What?" "I'm pretty sure I saw you in the airport." I said. "Really? dang I wish I would have said bye to you." I wished that too. He awkwardly coughed to break the silence. "So, Iv'e been working on this new cover for some upcoming performances. Do you want to hear it?" I nodded.

I felt super lucky to get a personal Austin Mahone concert. He strummed the first chords and I instantly recognized the song. It was one of One Direction's new songs from the Take Me Home album.

"Can't believe your packing your bags. Trying so hard not to cry. Had the best, now it's the worst time. But we have to say goodbye. Don't promise that you're gonna write. Don't promise that you'll call. Just promise that you won't forget we had it all.

Cuz you were mine for the summer. Now we know it's nearly over. Feels like snow in September. But I always will remember. You were my summer love. You always will be my summer love."

He stopped playing and I was speechless. How could one boy have so much power over my emotions. "And that's all I have so far." He interrupted my thoughts. "What'd you think?" I tried to play it cool. "That was really sweet Austin. Your fans will be in tears in seconds." He thanked me. "Well, I should probably get back to the gang. I wonder if they are all still here." I thought out loud. "I bet they are pressed up against the door. Well tell them hey for me. Later Nick." he went offline and I was still in awe.

I opened the bedroom door to find the Valerie, Isabella, and Carder sitting on the carpet, trying to act 'normal'. "What have you been doing?" I inquired. "Oh you know, the usual." Carder said. "So listening in on my conversation?" I accused him. He avoided my glance. I ruffled up his sandy blonde hair. "So what do ya'll think?" I asked. "Austin is in love with you." They all stated with no hesitation. "What? I was asking what you thought of his cover. Should he use it for concerts?" I was a little worried about their answer before. "Oh, ya it was awesome." Valerie said. "Just ignore our other comment." Belle said. But that was pretty impossible.

Laying on my mattress I couldn't help but think about the way I felt when Austin sang earlier. The words just gave me the chills. I didn't want to admit it. But I was falling for him.