Chapter 7: Always be my Bestfriend

Dana’s POV

“you did” was what she said to me, then I remembered. 

*flashback. 3 years ago*

“Dana I really like you” Kris said then turned her face away from mine, I started laughing thinking that she was joking or she was pulling a prank on me, I then saw that she was being serious and then she walked out looking really sad. 

I chased after her and I found her on a swing just sitting there, I decide to sit next to her. “Hi K” I greeted her “listen, about earlier-” she cut me off, “yeah I’m sorry for saying it, I didn’t know you would find it so funny, for a person like me to actually have a crush on you. That hurt ya know, especially that the girl had to be the one to confess.”s She said calmly. I needed to be honest with her, I didn’t want to lead her on, so I said the truth. 

“ya know I love you right? But I can't love you anymore then just a friend. I’m sorry Kris if I led you on, but I don’t want to lead you on anymore. I don’t think that I can ever-” she cut me off again “yeah I know, but I thought I would give it a shot.” I put my hand on her shoulder “K, ya know I like someone else don’t you? I’m so sorry Kris, I just cant, I treat you more like a sister then anything else. Please forgive me?” I pleaded and she just sat there in silence, I saw her tears falling on her lap, and I lifted her head and wiped the tears away “I will always be your best friend, even if you hate me after this, Kris I love you like a family, and I don’t want to loose you. I hope non of this changes our friendship. Please Kris?” 

She wiped her tears from her face “its… fine, lets just forget about it. I don’t want to lose my best friend either. I get the fact that you like someone else and  I don’t want to interfere in it. So okay. Friends?” Kris said, with still hurt in her voice. “forever” I finished. Then we hugged. 

*end of flashback* 

I just stared at her, she was hugging her legs I just couldn’t believe how different she looks now, I know that you shouldn’t just like someone for their looks but in all honesty I haven't told anyone this but I kinda did actually like her before, even if she had big puffy hair, big glasses and braces and even if she was chubby, because I liked who she really was, she was down to earth and everything, which is why she was my best friend, but I was a kid back then, and I guess I didn’t have a huge crush on her back then because of her looks. But now she has everything, both personality and looks, but again I don’t want to leave Bree. 

I wanted to hug her so much but I couldn’t so I just left and went back inside. 

Kris’s POV

We have just finished up at the gym. Me and the boys are in the car going home, we were just singing and having fun, I felt like I was more happier then earlier. Dana on the other hand looked quite sad. Was it what I said? In all honesty I should be the one sad since the guy that I like doesn’t like me back, and he never will, I must be going mental if I would think just a for a moment that Dana would choose me over his super pretty and extremely famous girlfriend. 

We are now home! “Home sweet home!” Will shouted. “I feel like I’m gonna fall apart” Cole moaned “you say that every time you come back from the gym” Gabe said “you gotta have pain if you want to get a body like diss!” David said cockily, and lifted up his shirt showing off his abs. I laughed. I heard no Dana and then I saw him outside in the back yard sitting by the swimming pool, dipping his feet in. I walked slowly to him, took my shoes off and put my feet in the water. He turned to me and I smiled at him. 

“Look, Dana I’m sorry” I started “for what?” he asked. I carried on “I’m really sorry that I snapped at you earlier, I know I shouldn’t get jealous of you kissing Bree she is your girlfriend, but I cant help it, you know that I like you, and theres no point trying to hide it” he smiled at me “I cant believe that even through these years you still like me” he said proudly “oh you don’t even know how much guys I’ve been out with in England to try and forget about you, may I just say that they were all very attractive and it didn’t work” I laughed. “But yeah, from now on, I will try my best to not get jealous of you two, I’ll try and distance myself”

“No! don’t do that, are you crazy? I don’t want you distance yourself I wouldn’t know what I would do if you did.”

Dana’s POV 

Kris was apologizing for what she did, and then she tells me that she should distance herself from me? I could not have that happen. “Kris I know that today was a bit of a weird day but I need to tell you that-” she cut me off “no Dana don’t say that I don’t have a chance with you, because I cant hear that again” “I wasn’t gonna say that, you seriously need to let me finish my sentences. I was gonna say that I don’t want you too act different towards me after tonight, I want us to stay close I want to keep doing what we always do, like hug and sit on each others lap” I said. She looks at me unsure of what I just told her. “I don’t know Dana, I mean… you are dating someone, I will feel uncomfortable doing some of those things. We need to act like we are just friends okay? I don’t exactly want to get bitch slapped by Bree, so I’m gonna try moving on, and we will stay just friends” she said. 

‘just friends’ I don’t want to be just friends with Kris, everyday I’m starting to like Kris even more I cant help it but I have Bree and I don’t want to break up with her, but I feel like if I don’t have Kris I will die! I was going to tell her how I feel… “Kris, I-I I kind of-” she just stared at me waiting to finish my sentence, but I couldn’t “never mind”. If I told her how I felt then things will get complicated again, and I didn’t want any complications. We were both silent. “Ya know this is way too depressing to hear, Dana you’re my best friend! I don’t want to feel like a storm cloud at this moment, I get it, I might never get a shot with you but c’mon at least act like my old best friend huh?” she said then pushed me in the pool. She did not understand how much I liked her, she does not understand how much I want to be more then friends, but its better to have her as a friend then not have her as anything at all. 

“Oh you’re gonna get it Jay!” I grabbed her legs and pulled her into the water with me. I grabbed her arm and pulled her into me “Kris don’t ever think you wont have a shot with me.” I said “hey you were the one who said that you only wanted me as a friend, and I accept that” she said while giving me a fake smile, she was hurt. “Lets just see about that” I said while pulling her in, even more. We just stared at each other, man I really wanted to kiss her. But then I felt water go in my ear. She splashed me. How very dare she! She’s gonna get it now! 

A/N~ this was pretty short, and it was just a filler, but yeah... i have nothing else to say :D