Chapter 15: The Fast Forward

Dana’s POV

After having that argument with Bree I just sat in  my dressing room for what seemed like hours just thinking and calming myself down. Then I saw two familiar figures and I stood up and ran to them “MOM! DAD, what are you doing here?” I said while hugging them “well of course its your first movie, well since Hannah Montana but you are the main cast and we wanted to see how everything is going.” My dad said I squeezed them both before we sat down “so we have just said hi to Kristen, she looks very different and that white dress she is wearing looks absolutely beautiful.” mom said “yeah, I think you would make a good couple” my dad said butting in. “How's your girlfriend? Bray?” my mom asked, I giggled “its Bree mom. And I kinda need to tell you something about what’s going on between me her and Kris” I said slowly. 

My dad smiled “ you broke up with Bree? Thank god son, because I never-”

“no dad I didn’t break up with her. In fact I’m thinking about it” “and why is that?” my mom asked concerned “because I like Kris, I like them both, and I just told Bree the truth on how I feel about Kris, we just had an argument, but Bree she started it, she’s being complicated she’s no longer the sweet and innocent girl I liked a year ago, she’s being a right witch she has been mean to Kris even if Kris hasn’t done anything, and I’m trying my best to bring the old Bree back but its not working! She just gets meaner and meaner everyday, she’s such a diva! She’s not just mean to Kris she’s mean to everybody besides me!” I said while resting my head on my mom shoulder, and she stroked my hair. 

“Oh sweety, well you have to pick one, and from the looks of it you like Kris more, I don’t even understand why you don’t want to break up with Bree, like you said, she’s mean.” My mom tried to comfort me “listen Dana, there are signs everywhere. Which girl makes you feel happy? Which girl makes you worry, which girl makes your heart beat faster? Which girl makes you fast forward” my dad said then my eyes widened at the last part he said “which girl makes you fast forward?” then I remembered that moment I had when I was dancing with her. I then told my parents about it. 

At the end of my deep talk with my parents, I made up my mind “Kris it is then” 

Bree’s POV

I heard what Dana told his parents, he’s planning to break up with me, to go to that bitch! Well I think not, but if Dana is thinking of dumping me! I’m sure to make his new girlfriend's life a living hell!

Dana’s POV

I was looking for Bree I needed to break up with her now! I found her outside of the studio. I took a deep breath and walked to her “Bree? I need to tell you something.” She turned around and tears were falling from her eyes, she ran to me and hugged me “Dana I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have shouted at you like that, I’m so so sorry!” she cried into my chest. “its fine Bree, but I really need to talk to you” before I could say anything she interrupts me again.

“Dana my dad died”

Just then I felt a rush of worry and pain in my blood, I couldn’t tell her that I was breaking up with her, if her Dad had just died. I should’ve mentioned that Bree’s dad had cancer. Me and her rush over to the hospital immediately and I held on to her never letting her go. She was crying so much she could’ve filled a bucket.

When I looked into her wet eyes, I saw the girl that I fell in love with a year a go, and I couldn’t let her go. 

***

A few days past and we went to Bree’s dad’s funeral. Everyone went, the boys and even Kris. That was the only day where Bree and Kris did not try to pull each others eyes out. I spent my entire day with Bree and in all honesty I kind of forgot that Kris was there. I feel guilty because these past days Kris wanted to hang out but I always said no because I needed to be by Bree’s side and now I can't help but feel like Kris thinks I’m ignoring her.