Chapter 39

As I entered the lobby of the hotel my hands began to tremble and my body was fully shaking. I walked over to the lift and stepped inside, my mind was on fire with thoughts. I reached the floor our room was on and slowly walked towards the door. It took all my strength to knock on the door as Jessie opened it.

She looked beautiful, her eyes caught mine as i quickly looked away knowing what i was now going to do to her. I walked in and sat on the sofa which was in the room. She followed behind me asking if i wanted a drink and after me saying no she came and sat next to me.

"Are you okay? i know stupid question but it seems like there's something else?"

How could i do this to her? But how could i do it to Joey?

"Jess i dont know what to do or what to say. This is all one big mess and i dont want to hurt you but i have to do this."

She pushed her black her behind her ear and then sighed.

"You're breaking up with me?"

A tear ran down her face as she wiped it away looking into my eyes.

"Not because i want to Jessie."

"Well why then? I thought we were good? I know you're going through a lot but i've tried to do everything i can to help you. Tell me what i need to change and i'll do it!"

I pulled her hand away from her lap and held it tightly.

"You haven't done anything wrong please dont think that!"

She almost let out a chuckle in a sarcastic way.

"So what is it then?"

"When i went back to Joey's house he sat down with me and just completely broke down. He told me how he couldn't bring Sam up on his own then he begged me to move back to New York for a bit. Jess how could i say no to him? He brought me up he protected me and he's the main reason im where i am today. I love you so much but i have to move back to New York for a bit and i know as much as we wanted to try long distance it wouldnt work, i couldnt go without not seeing you in that long. I really hope you can try understand."

It took her a minute as she took it all in, she held her head in her hands as i heard faint cries. Eventually she looked back up to me and let go of my hand.

"I understand as much as i can, I dont hate you im just hurt and i don't know what to say. Are you coming back to England at any point?"

"Well no i wasn't going to, i was wondering if i gave you the money could you ship everything out here?"

"Yeah i'll sort that out, i'm going go back to England as soon as i can so i don't really know what to do but I guess we should say goodbye?"

A few tears ran down both of our faces as i pulled her into a hug. She rested her head on my shoulder and we stayed like it for a bit.

"Good luck with your career no doubt i'll be seeing you everywhere."

"Hopefully hey? Izzi is the the end? Like forever?"

"I'd never say this is the end. One day Jessie i promise you!"

We hugged a few more times before i got up and packed up all my bags of what id brought with me.

As i stood at the door it finally hit me what was happening, this was the last time id see Jessie.

"So I'll send your stuff over just text me the address. So yeah urm bye I guess."

"Yeah bye Jessie, I love you, I always will!"

She responded in the same way as I got to the car it wouldn't sink in. How did i do that to her, I've broke her heart and I hated it. As much as I hated it I had to do it for Joey.

I drove to a little spot I used to go with to just sit for a while until returning to Joey. I sat at the bench and thought about all the things that had gone on in the past few days. This was another life I was starting and I never imagined it coming.

I know one day I will meet with Jessie again, we were were something different, something more. For now we couldn't be.

SORRY! This is the end of the story but I'll update on here what the new story is called when I decide to start it again!! Please leave some feed back and tell me how you thought this was? Ask any questions if you need to!! Xx