Chapter 5

The drive was okay there was a bit of traffic but was still due to be there on time. I pulled up to the her house, it was a lovely looking house on the outside, her house kinda made me wish I had of bought a nice house not a flat. I stepped out of the car when the nerves kicked in I walked up to the door and rung the doorbell.

"Hey babe! Right on time!" She had opened the door in no time and was now pulling me in for a hug.

"I'm a very organised person!" I said as she welcomed me into the house.

"Right it's up to you, we can eat now or wait awhile, sorry I didn't know when to do it!"

"Don't be sorry, now would be lovely if that's okay with you!" She said it wouldn't be long and offered me a seat in the living room while she went and finished it. I looked around the room and there was quite a few photos which I guessed were family and friends. I stood up to get a closer look at the photos which were just a range of her and others in various place, I then heard her walked through.

"Dinners ready, follow me."

I followed her into the dining room which was beautifully decorated, there was a couple of candles and it was set out perfectly. I had been taking it all in that I hadn't noticed the gorgeous dinner she had placed infront of me. She had made a homemade lasagne. I took my first mouthful and it was amazing it probably made it better that I hadn't really had a homemade meal since I moved here. We had both finished it off with some general talk in between, i still hadn't complimented her on a lot of things.

"Jess can I just say that you look gorgeous tonight but that meal was amazing, you told me you liked cooking but wow!"

"Oh I'm Jess now? Thank you, you don't look to bad yourself! Cooking is one thing that I can do and make people happy I guess." Her comment had made me blush a little but I don't think she noticed.

"Yeah if you want to be, I understand." She smiled and led me through to the living room. We both sat down on her sofa and began to talk.

"So tell me about yourself?" I had asked her because I didn't know that much about her.

"Well I grew up with my mum, dad and 2 sisters. We had a normal upbringing. I had always enjoyed singing but more so acting at first but then I got the opportunity to sing so it was a dream really. It all started from there I guess, I'd been working on it from then. I had a stroke but I am very lucky and recovered, I mean I still have a problem with my heart but I know how to keep everything okay. Everything's happened from then. That was short but anything else you want to know?" When she was saying this is kinda made me wish my family were normal.

"That's lovely not the stroke and that but it's great how you've recovered!"

"Yeah I'm very lucky, now tell me about yourself.?" As she said this she moved a little closer to me.

"Urm, I mean I was born in America and grew up then moved over here really." My childhood was the worst part of my life, so I didn't tell Jess anything really.

"Babe there's got to be more, was everything okay? You can tell me." It's not that I didn't trust her I just hadn't really told anyone anything.

"I guess you could say no it wasn't okay." All my memories came flushing back, memories that I'd tried to get out of my mind, thinking of what had happened a tear ran down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away but it was too late and Jess had already noticed.

"Woah don't cry, tell me I know I won't be able to help but I'm here for you!" Jess was the most comforting person I'd met in ages.

"You really want me to tell you? It's fucked up?" I was scared about telling someone but I had to one day.