Love is pain

The car ride is silent, the usual rock music is gone from the impala, but I suppose finding out your brother just killed someone isn't the best time to be bobbing your head up and down to the beat.

"So..." Dean doesn't respond to my conversation starter.

"I hear the gas price has sky rocketed-" Dean slams his hands on the steering wheel, shaking his head in frustration.

"How could he do that!?" His jaw clenches and I let out a sigh.

"First of all, I don't even think he did and even if he did, I don't think he meant to. He sounded pretty broken up about it." He whips his head around to mine, anger clear in his eyes.

"How could you even say that! He killed someone Maverick, not a demon, not a monster, a real life human!"

"You don't know that!" My voice also continues to rise, trying to over power Dean's commanding voice. "He said, and I quote, 'I think I killed someone.' And someone could mean a rugaroo or a woman in white, not a human." I try to reason with Dean, but all he does is press harder on the gas pedal. As soon as I think nothing will work on making him relax, he let's out a big sigh, breaking eye contact with the road and landing his green eyes on my own.

"He's my baby brother Maverick, how could I have let this happen, I'm supposed to look after him." His voice softens but his jaw doesn't relax, if anything, it tightens more. I lay my hand on his shoulder, his eyes flick back and forth between the road and me.

"I had a younger brother-"

"I thought you were an only child, that's what you told me and Sam." I nod my head, I know what I said.

"Ya, well I didn't even know you when I said that, you could have been serial killers." Dean rolls his eyes but doesn't stop me from continuing.

"I had a 4 year old brother, he was 13 years younger then me and I was 17 at the time. I was babysitting him- I was supposed to be babysitting him, but one of my friends was throwing the party of the year and I really wanted to go, so I did. Left him at the house, in one of those 'play pen' things. When I got back, blood was everywhere. He slipped and cut his head on a loose screw on the floor boards. Bled to death. And it was my fault... So trust me when I say this Dean, non of this is you fault." I look him directly in his eyes as I tell him this, refusing to look away, I better be getting the damn point across. When I know it does, I look away. But then a thought dawns on me and my head snaps back to Dean.

"What?! What?!" He semi yells, trying to figure out why my eyes suddenly went as wide as saucers.

"Sam... He sounded so unsure... Like he couldn't remember. But don't you think if you killed someone, you would remember," Dean still stares in confusion, "He said I think I killed someone, Dean....he was possessed." As realization dawns on him we suddenly are launched forward, going well passed the speed limit.

-//-

Dean doesn't try the handle of the door, doesn't want to waste anytime seeing if it's locked or not, he just breaks it down, but, hey, I'm not complaining. In that position his butt looks pretty fine-

"SAM! SAM WHERE ARE YOU!" Dean has his gun drawn, as do I. We are both clearing out the rooms one by one until we here it.

"Dean? In here." A weak voice answers.

"Sam! Oh my god, where are you hurt? Where's the blood coming from!" Dean practically screams into his brothers ear as he see's all the blood covering Sam's hands.

"Stop Dean, it's not mine. I already checked." Sam mumbles, fear flashing through his dark brown eyes.

"Ok, ok. We'll figure this out. We'll just treat it like any other case. What do you remember?" The older brother starts to interrogate, hiding his own fear away.

"Nothing... except red... lots and lots of red." Must be the blood, I think to myself as I walk out of the room, searching the rest of the house. Eventually coming across a mini miracle.

"Dean! Sam! Get in here!" I hear a few footsteps before the boys are in front of me and the computer.

"Thank god for paranoid people." I mutter before typing a few things onto the keyboard and the last 24 hours of the security tape starts to play.

-//-

Comment vote ideas

Sorry!! School got in the way lol.