Chapter 20: Drama Doesnt Stray Too Far Away

I have finally uploaded! IM so sorry. :3 I really am. I was going to write the first weekend into school, but then I had to clean. And yeah, Im jsut really sorry. Ill try to upload as much as possible from now on. I promise! This'll probably be the last drama-ish-filled chapter for like two or something chapter. Because there cant be drama in every chapter, so sadly a few will have to be boring :/. But we have passed the climax and are now on the falling action. So, yes. IN about ten or so chapters, it'll most likely be over. But that's really good for me. Ive never finished a story. And IM so happy everyone still reads this. At least I hope.<3. But there's a possible sequel:) So dont be sad if you dont want it to end. Ill try my hardest. And I know there's probably really bad grammar and spelling in this paragraph, and that it shouldnt be this big because it's too big to be one paragraph, but Im too lazy to fix it. So. Thanks<3

Chapter 20-What it Meant.

                Kissing Alex was definitely different than I would've expected, but I still didnt think I liked him like he wanted me too. When Alex and I kissed, it wasnt like it was an actual first kiss for me. It was like...I knew what I was doing, like I'd done it before.

                   We both pulled away slowly, his eyes hopefully. I bit my lip, looking down at the sand. "Nothing?" he asked me. I made the mistake of glancing up at him, his eyes fixated on me. I only shook my head to answer, hoping not to hurt his feelings.

                    He sighed, nodding in understanding. He looked down for a moment.

                 "I guess I sort of expected it," he looked back up at me.

                    "Im sorry," I said softly. He shook his head.

                      "No, dont be. You..kissed me. And if that didnt change anything then...maybe you're not supposed to be into me," he told me, looking at me. I could tell he was being completely honest.

                     "You'll find a girl that deserves you more than I do," I told him. Matt sat down next to me, a plate of food in his hand.

                      "How much of a mess have I made back there?" I asked him, wrapping my arms around my knees again.

                      Matt shrugged, taking a chip from the plate.

                      "Macy wont shut up about you," He stated. "And, Mai isnt being the nicest right now either," He told me, looking at me worriedly.

                      I shrugged. Id have to get used to Mai not being my best friend, or even friend, anymore. It was her choice to defriend me, and Im not going to take it like it was nothing. It hurt. It honestly did.

                     "What now?" Alex asked, looking across at us.

                          I shrugged, because, honestly, I was asking myself the same exact thing. Do I try to take back what my dad did? I couldnt travel back in time. Could I change Mai's mind? Go back and make her see that she's in the same position I am.

                       I didnt blame her mom on ruining my family, or even call her a whore. I could change anything. I didnt have anything to apologize for, so why would I apologize.

                      "Maybe I should go back to geeky Ariana since ever since I got contacts and took my braces off everythings been a whole lot worse than always being made fun of," I said, glancing between the both of them.

                     I saw Alex raise his eyebrows. "It's just a coincidence that all of thsi happened right after that, Ariana," He told me.

                    Matt nodded in agreement. "You didnt cause this," He said.

              I sighed, looking at the water. "Does it matter? Everyo-"

                I was cut off by ice water pouring on to my head and a plastic red cup dropping in the sand next to me. I looked up to see Mai, glaring at me angrily, but also with tears sliding down her cheeks. Macy stood behind her, with her clones, smirking.

             "That's for you and your stupid family ruining mine! My mom just told me her and my dad are getting a divorce!" she yelled at me, stomping away.

                I felt my heart drop. Did that mean my parents were getting a divorce? I stood up, my face emotionless. I saw Austin stand in the crowd of people that had been there for the whole thing, I was guessing Macy had brought.

                 He looked at me for a moment before turning away and walking back into the house. Macy walked up to me.

               "Guess you'll learn from the best," she kept her smirk on her face as she left.

                I ran a hand through my wet hair as the crowd dissipated. Alex and Matt looked at me, but I just shook my head.

               "Ariana," Alex tried to hug me, but I pushed him away.

                 "No," I murmured. "I should've just kept everything to myself," I said in a whisper. Maybe it had been all my fault. I walked into the beach house, walking up the stairs to my room.

                    When I opened the door I was surprised to see Austin. I furrowed my eyebrows before taking a deep breath and sitting on my bed.

                    "Maybe you should blow dry your hair, you'll get your bed wet," he said quietly.

                  I shook my head. "I dont care, it's just a bed," I replied softly. He looked over at me from Mai's old bed.

                  "I care, because you'll be uncomfortable."

                   I shrugged. "Why?" I asked him. He stood up and walked over to my bed, sitting next to me.

                   "Because you're my sister and as much as I wish I could blame what's going on with our parents on you, I cant," he told me in an apologetic voice.

           "What made you come to that conclusion?" I asked. He shook his head.

             "When Mai poured the water on you and everyone saw, when she said that to you," he started. "I saw you. I felt like I'd blamed it all on you like she had, but you hadnt done anything."

                 "Do you think Mom and Dad..?" I trailed off. He nodded.

                  "Yeah, I do," he said. He looked at me. "Ariana, everyone hates you except me, Matt, Noah, and Alex. I cant take them being mean to you, even when Im mad at you." He said, dismissing the conversation about our parents.

                 I furrowed my eyebrows. "And?" I asked.

                 "We're going to do something. If anyone says anything to you, we're going to tell them to back off. We're going to make them look at your point of view. Prove cheating isnt a passed on trait."

                I shook my head. "Do you really think they'll believe anything? It's me against Macy!" I hissed.

                "No, it's Noah, Matt, Alex, you, and I that's against Macy," He assured me.

                  I could help but smile a little. I had my brother back, and I may not have Mai, but I do have two friends.

                   "No one messes with the players little sister," Austin smiled.