Chapter 12-You Would Never Have Guessed

Heeeeeeey!!! Okay OMG! I woke up yesterday and I looked at my reads. It said 2,750. But I only looked at the 750 part so I was like, did I go DOWN reads? -Confused and sad face- and then I looked at the thousand spot and realized Id gone UP almost 1000 reads! AHHHHHHHHH! So, yoru guys are awesome! I want to do something special for you guys. So Comment and tell me what you think I should do! I threw in a HUGE twist in this one that NO ONE will see coming! So I hope you guys like it! No Matt in this one, but more to come! Dont forget to comment! Also, Noah Interview next! Also comment and tell me who you want an interview from next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 12

             Matt and I didnt talk anymore after that. We both decided to go back to class, where Alex was still pissed at me. I chose not to talk to him either. If he could ignore me for no reason and no explanation from me then I could do the same to him, right?

              Finally it was lunch, now , though. I found Mai, who was sitting with Alex, and sat down.

             "Hey." I said, staring at Alex. He didnt look up at me at all though. Mai kkicked him under the table, making him give me a rude smile.

              "Alex, what IS your problem?" I asked, really wanting to know why he was so upset. Was it so bad that I was 'friends' with Noah?

              "Me? I dont have a problem. But if you're hanging out with Noah Jensen than obviously YOU do." he growled, picking up his tray and walking away.

             "YOUR FRIENDS WITH HIM TO!" I yelled, making him flip me off. Ive never had Alex do such a thing to me.

               "Mai? What the hell!" I looked at her, tears almost spilling out of my eyes. It hurt to lose my best friend since four.

                   Mai shrugged. "Mija, put yourself in his position." she told me.

                    "What position? He's my friend who's friends with a guy who I just became friends with!" I exclaimed. Alex had no legit reason to be mad at me, did he? I didnt have much time to think it through, because the next I know Austin is sitting next to me.

                     "Ari! Mom and Dad are leaving for two weeks and we get to go to the beach house!" he exclaimed.

                    "And miss school? No thanks." I told him, tunring back to my lunch. I moved the icky spaghetti around, not daring to eat it.

                     "The school got chosen as number one int he district, so we get two weeks off!" he exclaimed. I rolled my eyes.

                   "I get to invite how many?" I asked him. He satrted counting the amount of sleeping spaces and subtracting the people he was bringing.

                    "Five." I glared at him. There were at least ten bedrooms in the beach house all with couches in them. Which added up to twenty. And I got to invite five? Some of the rooms even had double beds, which I was guessing Mai and I would share.

                  "Mai, Alex, Matt.. Ill invite three." I told him. Mai gave me a questioning look as to who Matt was.

                    "Its a guy I met when I ran out of the classroom today. Seemed like it'd be good for him to get away from home." I told her shrugging. She rolled her eyes at me, sitting on the top of the table.

                   "You think Alex is mad now because you're friends with Noah, wait until he hears about you inviting some guy you just met to a beach house." she raised her eyebrows at me.

                    "I cant have guy friends?" I asked her defensively. Mai sighed, shaking her head.

                    "Girl, dont you think it's weird that you have TWO new guy friends since you have a so called 'makeover'?" she asked me suspiciously.

                     "I didnt even KNOW Matt." I said. Maybe my being friends with Noah was because I changed, but not Matt.

                    "What do you want me to do? Get my braces back on? Stop wearing contacts and put my glasses on?" I exclaimed, getting up from the seat. She raised her eyebrows in a 'kind of' way.

                    "Fine." I walked to the restroom, took my contacts out and put my glasses on. This should make it even harder for Noah anyways. I walked back outide by Mai.

                   "This is the best I can do. Happy?" she nodded. I sighed, sitting back down at the table. To think this all came from a bet Noah and I made. Maybe I could ask him to take it back.

                    "Hey! Wha-ts...up?" Noah came by, staring at me questionably. I shrugged, standing up to go find Alex. I couldnt find him anywhere in the cafeteria, so I tried the gym. I saw him standing there all by himself, which made me feel terrible. I was about to go make sure he;s okay when Macy walked over to him.

                     There were whispers, and then the most terrifying thing Id ever seen happen, happened. Alex kissed Macy. I gasped, pressing my back against the wall I wa hiding behind when they turned around. When they saw no one there Alex continued to make-out with her. And HE was mad at ME?!

                    I clenched my teeth, making them scrape together. I got the nerve to walk aver to him as he was still making out with Macy and tapped him on the shoulder. I knew I had an angry expression on my face, but I didnt care.

                    I heard Macy snort, trying to hold in laughter at my glasses. I didnt dare look at her, because I didnt care. My eyes stayed locked on Alex's. I shook my head at him.

              "Im FRIENDS with Noah. Because of that you got pissed at me. LOOK at who you're making out with. The girl who has tried to RUIN my life since sixth grade!" I yelled at him. I felt my eyes watering up, but I didnt dare let that stop me.

                  "You're a hypocrit, Alex. More so than ANYONE Ive ever met. Have fun making out with Macy because you will NEVER talk to me again." I growled at him. I turned around and stalked out of the gym and back to the cafeteria. I looked at Mai.

                   "You wanted me to be a dork again for him. Now look who's pissed!" I said to her angrily, causing her to flinch away. She raised her eyebrows.

                    "What? Did he make out with Macy or something?" she snorted jokingly, but my face stayed straight. Realization hit her.

                 "No." she gasped, standing up. "He did not!" And that was how I lost my first best friend. If I lose Mai then it was pointless to make the bet anyways.