School

Thanks to everyone who has read the first to chapters:) I hope you like this one! Any guesses on what will happen after this chapter? Leave a comment! I know its going slowly, but Im getting there. Like I said, I have a lot of it written. But Im not gonna upload it all now.      

          We walked into the school, which was already crowded with anxious students. We stood in the line for the office to get our schedules. To my left there were a couple of Seniors teasing a sohpmore. To my right were a few Freshman who looked like they were going to die right then and there from nervousness.

           I remember last year, when that was Alex, Mai, and I. It was pretty scary, but I didnt look like them, who looked like they were going to pee there pants. Over the next ten minutes the line hadnt moved an inch and the noises of the hallways were getting louder and louder.

           "Excuse me!" I heard an authoriative voice yell at the swarm of teenagers. The lady blew her whistle and still no one noticed her.

            "HEY!" she screamed at the top of her lungs. The school turned their attention to her.

            "Freshman go to the gym. Sohpmores go to the auditorium. Juniors go to the lunch room and Seniors go to the football field. Understand?" she took a breath in angrily.

             We headed to the auditorium, which I guessed was where we were going to get our schedules. Im guessing the school wasnt as prepared as they usually were. We sat at the very back of the auidtorium as about another fifty or so kids walked in. Our school was huge, but didnt have very many students. Probably because this was a very expensive school to go to. It wanst a private school, but the text books, plus lunches, plus uniform costs add up to a lot more than people in this town can afford. My brother and I were just lucky.

               "Okay, listen up!" A lady called out from the stage.

                  "We have good news for you all." she started in a bitter tone, that I could tell no one took a liking to. "The school has to cut back on budget. So that means no uniforms and no one gets their own text books." Everyone had perked up at the first thing, but then got sad at the second one. All it meant was we would have to take actual notes.

                    Boo-hoo. I didnt quite understand how our uniforms, which our parents paid for, had anything to do with the school budget, but it wasnt like I was going to ask.

                    "Tomorrow you can come to school in clothes of your choosing. Find your homeroom on the bulletin board at the back of the auditorium and go there IMMEDIATELY." she ordered. I looked above my head and saw what she was talking about. I also saw that my homeroom was Mr.Kallager and I ahd it with both Alex and Mai.

                    We had to go to room two-forty-four. "Think she's nice?" Mai asked as we walked to the classroom. I just shrugged, completely oblivious to anything at the moment. I was more confused on where the hell we're supposed to go after homeroom. Whose idea was it to let us wonder around school not knowing where were supposed to go?