Chapter 6- Last Straw

Chapter 6

              The rest of the day went by pretty quickly. Soon enough it was time for Theatre, the class I most looked forward to. But with my luck, guess who I met in the hall along the way.

                 "Thanks for the embarrassment at lunch." Noah snarled, walking a foot behind me.

                "Maybe if you wouldnt be such a jerk you wouldnt get embarrassed by my oh-so-clever friends that absolutely hate you!" I hissed, wishing he would go away.

                 "Alex doesnt hate me." he said back. I rolled my eyes, even though he couldnt see.

           "Cant you just go to whatever class you have next and leave me alone for once in your life? You'd think because my brother is your best friend that I wouldnt be your enemy. But guess what. Sadly for me, I am." I growled, walking into the auditorium. The only other people in there were Macy, her clique, and Mai.

             "This is my next class, enemy." he said, walking past me, a smirk on his face, over to Macy. I clenched my teeth, making them scrape against each other. A whole freaking year with him! In two classes! Really? Noah and Austin were both in my Gym hour, which sucked for me.

                Mai ran over to me, sitting me down in a chair.

                  "What the hell was that about?" she asked, seriously. I shook my head to get out of my daze.

                 "Nothing. As long that jerk stays away from me Im fine." I told her. She gave me a: Im-Sorry look.

                  "Welcome to The-Ay-Ter." Someone walked in, speaking theatre in syllables. The lady was young and she seemed nice.

                  "So. We will get right to the point. We need play ideas." she said, sitting down in the chair at the very front. It looked like the only people in this class was Mai, Noah, Macy, Hanna, Jesse, Gabby, and me. The three girls before me were Macy's clique. This should be fun.

                  "How about Julius Caeser. I know the PERFECT person to play Julius." Noah pitched. The lady nodded, motioning him to keep speaking.

                  "And that person would be...Ariana. Doesnt she look JUST like him?" he asked the class. Mai gasped and my mouth hung open.

                   "Uhm...I dont allow rude comments in this theatre." The lady scolded him. This was IT. I was tired of being made fun of by only Noah. If it werent for him no one would dislike me as much as they do.

                      After today the old Ariana James would be the past. And the new Ariana James was going to surprise EVERYONE. I motioned for Mai to move her head closer so I could whisper in her ear.

                    "Will you help me with clothes for Monday?" I whispered in her ear lightly. She nodded, smiling. I know Mai and Alex like me the way I am. But I knew Mai was happy I was going to try being the real me and not hiding anymore.

                     "Its fine. Honestly. He wont be able to make fun of my much longer." I told the teacher, and the class. Macy raised her eyebrow in a way that said: Yeah, what're you gonna do? Get pretty. But I ignored her looks. And the looks from everyone else in the room.

             "Oh, play ideas. How about a student written play!" Mai suggested looking at me. I swear my heart stopped beating. The teacher followed her eyes to me.

                "Ariana, do you write?" I didnt move, and I barely heard her. I just stared blankly at nothing at all.

              "Ariana?"

              Mai shook my shoulders until I came out of my daze.

               "I...I...I do. Ive got tons of plays written. From when I was nine to just last weekend." I sucked it up and took the chance. This was going to help me change EVERYTHING everyone thought about me. Noah had an angry look on his face, which made me smile wide.

                He wants to play. Then Game on.