38.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I scowled.

"Nothing," he replied.

"In other words you think I sit on my arse all day doing nothing."

"I didn't say that."

"You didn't have to."

"What the hell is wrong with you lately Tiffany?!" he snapped.

Charleigh started to whimper again wanting her bottle, she hasn't drank much today so she must be hungry.

"I'm going to take her upstairs out of the way of all of this," he said taking the bottle from me.

I sat down in the living room with thoughts stirring in my head. I hate arguing with Jamie but there's still so much that needs to be said.

He returned within twenty minutes.

"I've fed her and put her to bed," he spoke.

"What do you want a medal?"

"For fuck sake," he mumbled. "I said I'm sorry, what more do you want?"

"Sorry for what? being arsey about us not having sex or for making a promise you can't keep?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"It's only been six weeks and it already feels like you've had enough," I shrugged.

"I haven't had enough of anything."

"Changing a nappy was hard enough for you."

"Oh here we fucking go," he moaned.

That hit a nerve.

"It was one nappy, one time," he continued.

"One night with your mates was all it took to forget about me and Charleigh, it was like you were embarrassed," I replied.

"I wasn't embarrassed by either of you, I just wanted time to catch up with the lads. I haven't been out since we got together, I dropped all of that for you, to be with you and Charleigh!"

"You say it like I've taken away your dream. If you weren't with me you would be fathering your own child soon enough," I replied.

"I've already told you I wouldn't be that stupid."

"Yeah I remember, well my stupid mistake happens to be the best thing thats happened to me."

"Yeah and I thought you were the best thing thats happened to me, but all we've done lately is argue."

"I have reasons, I have every right to argue with you."

"I've apologised," he insisted.

"That doesn't cut it."

"What are you saying?"

I didn't answer him.

"Do you even want to be with me Tiffany? Because I'm starting to think you don't," he asked.

"Sometimes, I really don't know," I mumbled.

"How can you say that after all we've been through?"

Before I could answer he marched across the living room for kiss coat and car keys.

"Fuck this," he snapped throwing his phone down and storming out of the house.

His phone laid on the couch with a conversation open, he's been texting Lewis.

Lewis - I'm meeting the lads in Movida tonight for a few drinks, are you coming? It should be a good night.

Jamie - Not tonight, I'm spending it with Tiffany and Charleigh. Another night? Cheers.