34.

Jamie's P.O.V

I laid awake watching Tiffany sleep peacefully beside me, I didn't enjoy arguing with her one bit and I'm not convinced it only happened because she was tired. Tucking a piece of hair behind her ear I heard Charleigh start to whimper"

"Hey, whats wrong?" I whispered tip-toeing over to her cot across the bedroom.

She looked up kicking around uncomfortably. It's two o'clock in the morning and I have no idea if she's due a feed, I would have known if me and Tiffany weren't arguing.

"Come on baby," I said rocking her in my arms.

Instead of settling she began to cry so I took her out onto the landing to stop her waking Tiffany. I paced around holding her in different positions, I sang, danced and bounced her up and down but nothing seemed to work.

I sat down on the bed in the spare bedroom rubbing her back, only then did she burp and stop crying.

"Did someone have a bit of wind?" I chuckled.

She laid back down over my shoulder happy enough to drift off back to sleep in my arms and exhausted myself we stayed in here for the night.

Normal P.O.V

I turned over expecting to see Charleigh awake in her cot by the bedroom door and Jamie still in bed beside me, but I'm strangely alone.

I wandered downstairs to find them both in the kitchen. I can't believe it's nine o'clock!

"Ah, here's Mummy," Jamie said holding Charleigh in one arm and the box of formula in his spare hand.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I asked.

"Because I thought you could do with a lay in."

"Do you even know what you're doing?"

"The bottles are sterilised and the water is at the right temperature, I'm just finding out how much of this I need," he replied.

"It's says how many ounces you need."

"Do I weigh it?"

"No, you use scoops. Pass it to me, i'll do it."

"No, I understand now."

I stood watching him make Charleigh her morning bottle, he's not done this very often so I'm anxious incase he does it wrong.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked.

"Yeah, very well. Did you wake up with Charleigh? I didn't hear her."

"I saw to her before she could wake you."

"Oh, sorry."

"Well you wanted me to do my bit last night," he shrugged.

"Hmm," I mumbled walking away into the lounge.

"Tiffany?" he called. "What is going on?"

"Nothing."

"There's something bothering you."

"Are you going to feed Charleigh or am I?" I asked.

"I can feed her."

"I'm going to have a shower then."

"Why can't you just sit down and talk to me?" he sighed.

"There's nothing to say."

I disappeared upstairs and jumped in the shower. I'm not sure if I even know what's wrong, I'm not angry with him anymore but theres something putting me down. I washed and wrapped a bath towel around me as I wandered back into my bedroom, I don't plan on going out anywhere today so after towel drying my hair I started to get changed into something comfortable.

"I'm off work today remember," Jamie said startling me at the door.

"Yeah, I know."

"Sorry, did I make you jump?"

"I thought you were downstairs with Charleigh."

"She's asleep in her moses basket, I've been awake with her since six."

"Right."

"Tiffany please don't be like this," he pleaded. "I'm sorry for being a twat last night I just got caught up in the party, I haven't seen any mates because I've either been working or at the hospital."

"I know," I mumbled.

"So why are things still tense?"

"It's me, I think I just need time to adjust to being home with Charleigh. I'm sorry."

"Come here."

I sighed stepping into his open arms for a hug, I don't mean to be such a cow. I love Jamie for everything he's done for me.